Chapter 15: Past and Present

'It'll be ok, I promise he won't hurt you,' Megatron said softly. He and the others watched me while I helped Knockout carry supplies over.

All the Deceptis were gathered together on the tiles, away from the water as they tried to avoid all the bright light that streamed into the room, most of them being deep-sea mers that were sensitive to it. They also refused to go into the water because it was different from theirs, tempered to hold mers found in shallower waters so I had to stay with them almost the whole time, making sure they were hydrated.

Since their pool was busy being fixed, my pod had to temporarily be moved to the Automers side and neither of them was happy about it. They stayed on opposite ends of the pool, not wanting to mingle with each other.

I looked up to see Miko, Jack, and Raf with the Automers on the rocks on the far side, trying to talk the mers into going over and helping them but the only one who seemed willing was Optimus. The others didn't trust the Deceptis and those feelings went both ways.

Still, they had to suck it up and live with each other until their room was fixed.

After the incident, Fowler had taken me home and I'd managed to get inside without alerting and worrying my gran. Jack handled most of the media when it came to them asking questions while I just retreated to the mer's room and stayed with them.

All of them had come out of the fight with some kind of injury so that still had to be dealt with. It took a whole day of convincing, holding back, and calming them so the vets could stitch up their wounds and help them but there were still some things they'd only let me do.

So I was in charge of changing bandages, cleaning wounds, and reapplying burn ointment. Knockout and Shockwave were the luckiest and only had minimal injuries that only took minutes to do. I smiled and tweaked one of the one-eyed mers little antennae as I finished him.

'Desist,' Shockwave said but I watched them perk up and wiggle happily. 'Only when you admit you don't mind,' I laughed and did it again.

I slowly moved along the line of mechs waiting to be patched up, dabbing disinfectant on the large gash across Predaking's chest while holding his hand, trying to get the four tiger shark brothers to sit still while I got sand out their small cuts, making sure Breakdown's tail wasn't stiff and so on.

Frenzy complained loudly until I wrapped a plaster around a cut on his finger but latched onto my leg as soon as I was done, 'You little trickster,' I muttered with a smile as he cackled at his plan working.

Makeshift was a bit more difficult to do as I had to purely go by touch and what he felt, any burn he had invisible on his black skin, and putting cotton on the few stumps of his tentacles that had been cut off. Shockwave told me he'd treated the wool with something to help speed up the process of regrowing his lost limbs.

Megatron I basically had to pin to the ground despite his size, the stubborn mech having refused to let me treat him until everyone had like he didn't have the worst wounds. Thankfully Darksteel and Skylynx helped me hold him down, the Deceptimer leader protesting loudly as I put the burn ointment on and reapplied the bandages. 

Thankfully Dreadwing was an easier patient and Starscream and Arachnid hadn't been involved. The two did still have to come out and stay with the rest of them but the others made it clear they weren't to go near me and when I had to approach them, Megatron was always right next to me, growling at the two of them as if daring them to try anything.

By the time I'd gotten most of them bandaged up and done the pod looked pretty sleepy. I didn't blame them because from what Optimus told me, they refused to sleep the whole night in this tank, rather staying awake and alert.