•A Scandal In Belgravia: Part Seven•

Chapter Seven: So This Is Christmas

I sat in my bedroom as Sherlock's violin rang through the flat. The melody was a beautiful take on "Silent Night" that echoed as I watched little snow flurries contrast against the dark London night.
"Aspen?" I heard John call, and I looked behind me to see him with a Jumper in his hands, neatly folded.
"I was thinking," he began, sitting next to me and holding the jumper.

"Maybe just for today, it could be like old times?" He asked, and I touched the yarn-made jumper. I could feel it scratching my arms already.
"John-" I started.
"Aspen, it's Christmas." He mentioned, then gave me a look that made me not want to say no.

Sherlocks violin rang still, this time playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" as I got some cider from a bottle Mrs. Hudson brought me. I saw the string of lights illuminate one of the windows in the kitchen as I poured the drink into one of the fancy glasses that they're using for their wine.
As they finished, I turned and headed next to Lestrade, who whistled with Mrs. Hudson, who smiled at the end of Sherlocks performance.
"Lovely, Sherlock. That was lovely." She complimented as he took a bow.
"I wish you could've worn the antlers." Mrs Hudson remarked.
"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock said, then picked up the brown felt antlers on their headband, and walked to me.
"But," he said, and I put a hand up to stop him.

"I put this jumper on. Do not push it." I warned, trying to sound serious, but that didn't stop him from neatly planting them on my dark head of hair.
"It's Christmas." He lowered his voice before teasing me by tapping my nose and turning around.
"No thank you, Sarah." he said to John's girlfriend, Jeanette.
"Good look on you, Dasher." Lestrade joked to me, elbowing my arm playfully as I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, no." I said to myself, then walked over to the couch, feeling the headband dig into my temples.
"Hello, Everyone!" I heard, and turned to see Molly.

It was the first time I've seen her in a dress. Her hair was down except for the bump on her head for style, which went well with the strapless dress she wore under her coat.
"Er, it said on the door to just come up." She said, putting down the presents she carried with her. I nodded to her in greeting as everyone began to say hello to the new guest.
"Oh everyone is saying hello. How wonderful!" Sherlock remarked, rolling his eyes. I noticed Molly's nervous smile to him as she tried to pull off her coat, but needed assistance from John.

I noticed it was a different sight than I expected: her dress was indeed strapless, but still had straps from her undergarments. I also noticed how Lestrade paid more attention to her once her coat was off.

Everyone stood as they mingled, leaving me in a state of solitary on the couch, cider in one hand and my book in the other. I could feel some type of tug in the depths of my stomach, preventing me from enjoying the company of the people here, and instead confiding me to the couch, a jumper with my jeans and red shoes, with the antlers fixed on my head.

"John, your off to your sisters, right?" I heard Molly ask, pulling me out of the dark I felt I was in at the moment. The sound of mum was like a punishment now.
"Yeah. Aspen and I are gonna visit her." He said, then looked to me. I nodded as I took a sip of the apple-cinnamon gold liquid that was in the transparent glass.

Suddenly, I could have sworn I heard a knock on the door. I looked to John, who was still speaking, and stood, making my way downstairs.
The chatter faded away with each step I took. Another knock told me this person was eager to come in. I recalled my dream all those months ago, that had not come true, much like the last one with Jim in the pool.

I opened the door hesitantly, but all fear went away and was replaced with annoyance at who I saw.
"What are you doing here?" I asked Wyatt. He wore the red, white and black plaid shirt under his dark grey and black square patterned jacket with his jeans and brown shoes.
In his arms was a brown paper bag, filled with tulips, roses, and countless other flowers that I didn't think grew during this time of year.
"You live here?" He asked, smirking at my antlers.