Destruction

When Jason was still a child, he had a cousin named Patricia Mae. Initially, when they first met, they didn't seem to get along, often awkwardly looking at each other. However, when their parents told them to play outside, they began to talk and found that they genuinely enjoyed each other's company. They played until the afternoon and couldn't wait to do so again. A few years later, they attended the same elementary school. They always defended each other and engaged in friendly academic competition. They were like brother and sister, which is why Jason and his parents considered her a family member.

Years later, they're in high school now. Despite being in different sections, they consistently talk after school. Jason would always greet her with, "Sister, how are you?" Following that, Patricia Mae would openly share if something was on her mind. Unfortunately, after they graduate from high school, they go their separate ways because they won't be attending the same college or university. However, they still have each other's contact information.

Back in the present, after Jason's breakup with Aleiah, a call from his parents disrupts the emotional aftermath. "Jason, have you heard what happened?" they said. Confused, Jason asked, "No, what is it?" With a heavy tone, they share the devastating news, "Oh no, Jason. I received a call from your uncle. They said that Patricia has been in an accident, and she's in critical condition." Tears well up in Jason's eyes, struggling to comprehend the weight of the information. With a trembling voice, he said, "What? Alright, update me every minute, okay Mom and Dad?" Their agreement hangs in the air, laden with uncertainty and distress. Several hours later, Jason's phone rings again. He hears his Mom crying, his father said the somber words, "Jason, Patricia has passed away." As Jason looks blankly out the window, he hangs up the phone and the weight of sorrow envelopes him. Alone, he burst to tears, revisiting the memories of his cousin, sister, and best friend, Patricia. It appears fate has mercilessly added salt to a wound that still unhealed.