Family

Before Jason's funeral, his brother Jeremiah, and sister Danica, fly back to the Philippines. Together, they reunite with their parents to share in the solemnity of bidding farewell to their beloved brother. During the funeral, Jeremiah is the one who actually steps in when Barry confronts Jerry after he gave him a punch. In a calm tone, Jeremiah told Barry to calm down and urged Jerry to find reason in the middle of the heightened emotions.

As Jason's parents conclude their speech, it's now time for Jeremiah and Danica to give one. Jeremiah begins, "I still remember the days when I used to play basketball with him. I always told him that maybe one day he could be a professional basketball player, but he would insist that his dream was to become a movie director. I would just laugh and tell him that it's easier to make money playing basketball. Yet, he would reply, 'You're kinda right. Basketball is fun sometimes, but being a director makes me happier. I like to explore possibilities through directing. I'm not saying that basketball isn't hard. I just like it better.' And you know what? It might not be what I envisioned for him, but I'll always support him. Even though you're gone, I'll still be here for you, my brother." After Jeremiah finishes, Danica takes the mic from him to share a story about her and her brother Jason. She begins, "I remember when he was only 7 years old. He used to ride his bike when he wasn't in school. One time, I saw him crying, pushing his flat tires. I asked him what happened, and he said, 'Henry pushed me and pierced my bike.' As an older sister, I went to the kid's house and asked his mother. I told her that Henry pushed Jason and pierced his bike. But, damn, his mother had the audacity to tell me that it's not Henry's fault because Jason is a weak child. So, I slapped her so hard, and we got into a fight. I want to tell Henry's mom now that Jason is not and never was weak. He fought cancer by himself while carrying the burden of Patricia's death. I'm sorry, Jason. I couldn't protect you from the pain. I'll miss you. I hope you're happy with Patricia now. I love you." Jason's funeral ended, and his family returned home. They gathered to talk about Jason, tears streaming down their faces. In an attempt to find comfort, they embraced in a group hug, understanding that Jason wouldn't want them to be sad. In the end, it may not be a happy ending, but they are still glad to have had Jason in their lives. Somewhere, Jason is smiling and happy, seeing that they continue to fight, and his presence is still felt.

-𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒹 -