4

He's giving me his usual greeting, a curse paired with a menacing look. No wonder this guy is called the undead war maniac, with no friends.

The Hummingbird, my second member, is here.

Wearing a gray-blue midriff, showing his very toned abs, and white patiala pants. Body filled with golden accessories, cuffs, and anklets that enhance his almond skin painted with golden tattoos as well. A long horizontal scar that is painted in gold is visible on his face. His long navy teal hair is flowing with the wind topped with feathers, despite his burning looks, the color of his eyes is light teal.

Binuka ko ang mga kamay ko, nilawakan ang ngiti.

"Hola! Jairo!" pagbati ko.

Humakbang ako at umatras naman sila. Lumabas ang matutulis niyang ngipin sa pagkairita.

"Fuck off, Quetzalli!" he shouted.

I laughed. "Come on, it's been a while. Why not give your friend a hug?"

Napangiwi siya sa narinig, nandidiri. "Fuck you! We're not friends! Don't call me Jairo!"

I pouted, trying to piss him on purpose. "But Huitzilin is long, I told you to call me Zalli as well."

Nakarinig kami ng palakpak sa likuran niya. Kapwa kami napatingin sa lalaking hindi natitinag at nagbabago ang ekspresyon, nanatiling nakangiti at marahang nakapikit.

"Wow, lovebirds." His voice doesn't sound sarcastic, nor sincere. It's bland.

Mas lalong kinilabutan si Jairo sa narinig. Napaharap siya kay Izel at tinuro ako sa likuran niya.

"Disgusting. That weirdo is practically my cousin," he answered. Not entirely wrong, since our fathers are siblings.

Jairo tilted his head, forehead furrowed. "Who are you anyway? And how dumb are you to ask Zalli for a duel?" tanong niya.

Minulat ni Izel ang mga mata niya. His lips looks like their normal form is smiling. "Oh, I was fighting her for the position of the captain," deretsong sagot niya.

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ni Jairo. "Are you new? You're just wasting your time."

"I guess, mali-mali ang sabi-sabi. You do like Quetzalli. You're contented with her as the captain."

Jairo clicked his tongue, giving a side eye. "Hindi mali ang kinalap mong impormasyon. Kung ako papipiliin, hindi ko gugustuhin na kasama 'yan sa misyon." He looked back at Izel. "But take it from someone who already have an experience, you can't beat Zalli in a duel."

I gently touch my chest. "Aww, you're complimenting me too much, Jairo."

"¡Vete a la mierda! (fuck off!)" Inis niya 'kong nilingon.

"Hmm. Not even you, the strongest man on the battlefield?" tanong ni Izel. It's not just pure curiosity . . . I sense something behind his questions.

Jairo's expression changed, it's a look that I enjoyed seeing, I admit.

"Yes. Not even I."

I smirked. "You're giving me too many credits, Jairo. I only won that time because you didn't use your whip."

Iritado niya 'kong tinignan. "And you didn't use your body that time, Zalli."

"Why the fuck are you full of questions, anyway?" balik na tanong niya kay Izel. "Do you have other plans than being a captain?"

They had a staring contest, I'm sensing an immense pressure between them. I was about to change the topic when someone else did.

"W-Wait!"