Chapter 1: Noah

Stephan woke up. He doesn't seem to be remembering what happened. As if he was waking up for the first time. He looked around. There was no one to be seen. What happened? He thought. What is going on?

He tried to remember what happened, but nothing came out. As if his head was completely empty, he felt nothing. Help, he thought. I have to get help. Maybe he could find someone to help.

He stood up and studied his surroundings. There appeared to be no one in the area. A gentle wind blew, but Stephan didn't feel it.

He began walking and came across a sign. "Apeldorf" it said.

The name didn't sound any familiar to Stephan. Apeldorf appeared to be a small, unknown village in Germany. Stephan wondered how he got there.

He spotted two girls chatting with each other further away. Stephan felt hopeful, he hasn't seen anyone till now, and maybe he can finally get help from these people. Perhaps they can help him find out who he is.

Stephan almost came running towards the girls. To his surprise, the girls didn't seem to have notice him approaching them. 'Hello, can you guys help me please? I need help.' He said. 'I don't remember anything.' The girls didn't even look in his direction and just kept on talking. 'I need help! I don't know where I am! I don't know where my parents are!' Stephan shouted further. The girls just kept on chatting. That was weird. What was going on? How could these girls ignore a boy who obviously needed help? Could they not hear him? Stephan looked horrified. 'Do not ignore me!!! Help me!' he shouted. The girls continued chatting. Stephan watched in amazement as the girls walked away as if nothing had happened at all.

"You still haven't realised?" a voice said.

Stephan spun around. Behind him a boy sat on a bench. He looked really normal. He had short brown hair with brown eyes and was wearing every day normal clothes. He had a relaxed face. It seemed like he was watching him for a while.

Finally someone who doesn't ignore me. Stephan thought. 'I need help.' He said. 'I don't know what is going on or how I got here. Everyone keeps ignoring me. You have to help me!'

It was quiet for a moment.

The boy pretended to be thinking and said:

"Well, I don't know how to tell you this, but... just kidding I do. You're dead."

There was a dead silence.

"Haha very funny." Stephan said sarcastically although the idea kinda scared him.

"Don't believe me? Want me to prove it to you?" The boy said.

No. Thought Stephan. "Sure." He said. How was this random guy even going to prove him he's "dead"? That's ridiculou-

The boy grabbed a twig from the tree next to him and threw it on Stephan and to Stephans surprise, The twig went right through him! Stephan didn't know what to feel, in fact, he didn't feel anything! "H-how am I dead?" he said. He still couldn't believe it. He must've mistaken it. How come he couldn't even feel it though? That could only happen in dreams.

"this must be a dream." He said.

"Well that's a pretty realistic dream you have." The boy said, clearly not taking any of this seriously it seemed.

"But that's impossible." Stephan said. He had so many questions. Who even is this boy? How did he die? What happened and what is even going on?

"Well if I'm dead, how come only you can see me? He asked.

"because I'm also dead."

"really?"

"no."

The boy laughed as it was the funniest thing he has ever said. "Sorry." He said. "the face you made was just too hilarious."