Chapter 3: Escape

"Let me out!!" Elisa yelled out of the card.

"Where are we going?" Stephan asked, completely ignoring Elisa.

"To my house." Noah said, as if it was a good idea to bring not only 1, but 2 ghosts to a family full of exorcists.

Stephan still thinks Noah is a weird guy, but he's kind of getting used to it now. "Why do you use cards?" he asked randomly. Stephan saw Noah pull out a card before, when he was about to exorcise him.

"It's just a tool." Noah said. "I capture ghosts with it. Especially dangerous, out of control ghosts like this little lady right here." And he waved the card with Elisa in it.

"Let me out right now!" Elisa demanded, but Stephan and Noah kept ignoring her.

"I save them in these cards so they can't escape while I'm exorcising them." Noah said. "Some of my family members who are also exorcists also use them, but for me it's easier since I'm the only one who can see them."

Stephan tried to understand. "But why at your family's house? Why not right here?"

"I need some other tools which I don't have with me right now." Noah answered. He hesitated,

"And because my mom gets mad when I come home late." He said. As if it was something embarrassing.

Stephan looked at him weirdly. Then he started laughing. But of course at the end of the day, Noah is still a normal kid with a normal life, despite the exorcising part.

Noah's house was at the edge of the village Apeldorf, on a hill. It looked like a pretty small house with no neighbours.

"Oh by the way" Noah said before they entered his house. He had already rested his hand on the door knob. Stephan looked at him, confused. "My family can't know about you." He said with an side eye. He looked very serious. Noah isn't usually this serious, he's normally pretty relaxed and likes to joke around, so Stephan knew he meant what he said. "If they know about you, they will most definitely exorcise you." said Noah. Stephan immediately felt nervous.

Noah then smiled; "but they probably won't." he said as if he was trying to make Stephan worry less.

They entered Noah's house. It looked pretty normal for the most part, there were family photo's here and there. Stephan looked around Noah's house. At one photo he saw Noah with an old man. "Is that your grandpa?" Stephan asked.

Noah ignored him. "Hallo mama!" he said in a cheerful voice. A woman with short brown hair looked over from another room. She smiled when she saw Noah and greeted him. It looked like Noah had a pretty good relationship with his mother. And it looked like his dad wasn't home yet.

"I caught another one!" Noah shouted across the room and again waved with the card with Elisa in it. "I'll be quick before dinner!" and he immediately ran upstairs to get his stuff. His mom shouted something back but it was incomprehensible. Noah quickly grabbed a few stuff and ran out the house to the barn next to his house. It was an old wooden barn. It had a little kitchen in it with a desk next to it. It also had plenty of empty room left for a ritual.

While Noah was preparing to exorcise Elisa Stephan studied his surroundings. It looked like Noah came here a lot. He again saw another picture of the same old man with Noah. "Yes that's my grandpa" Noah answered, before Stephan even asked anything.

"Did you have a good relationship with him?" Stephan asked while studying the picture. "Kind off" Noah answered. "I learned everything from him. He was very religious. We had a lot of disagreements here and there, but he was a good man."

Noah drew a weird symbol on the ground with a lot of candles surrounding it. "We just need one more thing." He said. Stephan thought these things would only happen in movies. "Do you exorcise every ghost like this?"