Chapter 5: Into the church

He payed close attention and it was indeed Elisa the angry train ghost that flew high past him. Stephan completely forgot about the voices and went back down to Noah.

"Noah! I saw Elisa!"

Noah looked up. "What? Where?"

"She's headed to the church! I think! We have to go!"

Noah looked at his bicycle. "The freaking timing..." He said bummed.

He just left his bycicle there and rushed after Stephan to the church.

Stephan just went through the door, Noah came behind him and slowly opened the door.
The church was empty on a friday afternoon.
De seats were empty and it was quite dark.
Noah went in after Stephan.

Stephan looked around. "Where is she?!" Stephan said.
"I don't know." Noah answered.

"What is it that you don't know?" A voice was heard in the dark.

Noah and Stephan shivered. Who was that?!

"Who is there?" Noah asked.

Stephan didn't move a muscle, he stood completely still, as if he didn't want to make any noice, even though nobody could hear or see him except Noah.

A man in a long black alb with a golden cross on came forward to the light.

Stephan looked at him, it was the priest! But ofcourse! Do priests never leave the church?

"What are you doing here my child? I though you and your family only came her on sundays." The priest asked Noah.

"I- uhm." Noah was stunned. But he quickly came back to his mind and answered; "I though I saw someone go in the church." He said.

"There is no one here except for me." The priest answered. "But if you wish to look around, I wouldn't mind."

"Thank you..uh.. sir." Noah answered politely.

Stephan was stunned. There was someone here, which means Noah must now ignore Stephan. That means that it's all up to Stephan now to find Elisa.

Noah came in and shut the door behind him. Stephan flew around, even tho the priest couldn't hear him, he still felt like he could be heard. He shouted anyway.

"Elisa! Are you here?" But there was no answer.

Noah looked around as well, but he didn't seem to spot anything.

"Son of Werner?" the priest asked Noah while walking next to him.

"Uh, yeah, you know my father?"

Stephan listened closely to their conversation while silently searchin around for clues.

"Ofcourse I know your father, he wants to be the next priest right?" the priest asked.

"Well yea, I think he looks up to you very much." Noah answered. "Well, I think everyone does."

"And you? Do you wish to be a priest one day?" the priest asked.

Noah looked at the priest. "Not really." He answered.

"Oh?" The priest asked. "What do you wish to be?" The priest asked gently.

Stephan saw Noah think. "I don't know yet." He said. "I just want to be free."

The priest smiled. "I hope you too will become close to god my child." He said.

Stephan flew around. Behind the wall where the priest normally would pray there was a chamber. Stephan flew in.