Him Again

Chapter 1: Rae

The rays of the setting sun blinded me as the light at the intersection turned green.

And of course the folks behind me honked their obnoxious horns when I didn't immediately slam on the gas pedal.

To piss them off all the more, I turned up my Green Day CD as high as it would go.
Ha. That made them yell and throw their hands.

Whatever. After last year the whole rest of Sydney thinks I'm a nuisance too.

Meters ahead, after I did presume to go through the light, I turned into Target's, all but empty, parking lot.

I easily found a spot, closest to the entry, and parked neatly into it.

I debated about waiting until Jesus of Suburbia ended, but I decided not to.
Honestly, all I wanted was to get in and out of the store as quickly as possible
before the storm we were suppose to get crept up. Inspecting the sky, I could already see an erie tint taking over.

But also because...I knew he was going to be in there. I knew there was a good chance I'd run into him. I just hoped I ran into Ashton first.

I looked out the window to see an old lady racing towards the store. I didn't know hips like that could move so fast.

A little stressed out about this shopping trip, I turned the key in the ignition all the way, until the car was fully off. I grabbed my purse, locked the doors with the pad on the steering wheel and hopped out of the car.

My hair started blowing everywhere and was honestly getting on my nerves already.

I did that awkward half walk-half jog thing across the road leading into the front of the store.
But not before clumsily tripping over the sidewalk curb.
This is going great so far.

When I walked through the sliding glass doors, the cool air conditioning and an adorable green haired, old friend waited to greet me. I smiled a little.

"There he is," I thought to myself.

** hey guys !! this is a super super duper short chapter and I apologize !! fair warning the next one will be too but everything after chapter two will be longer ! they weren't originally a part of the draft and that's the reason they're so short. also I'll probably do this a lot if I have anything to warn you about or update you on; when you see the stars it's a sign that it's not part of the story, just a heads up ! also:: next part coming very very soon !! hope you enjoy :) **