Worthless?

5 minutes left. I started getting butterflies and my mind was racing with thoughts wondering what he wanted to talk to me about. I looked over at him and he smiled and starting talking to one of his friends. I looked over at the clock. 4 minutes left, jeez it was going slow. Then suddenly I heard my name "Tamisha" I looked over to see who it was and sure enough it was Chris. "You look sexy today". I roll my eyes and look back at the clock. Then suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look back, it's Chris again. "Tamisha you honestly look stunning". I look at the floor and let those words sink in. Then I look back up at him. Ringgg. I grab my things and rush out the door.

I was in such a hurry I forgot to wait for Marcus. Oh well.
I decided I was going to be late to my next class because I had too much on my mind. I headed down the hall on my way to the restroom. I looked at the floor, the tiles were green and grungy, then I looked up at the clock. Ringgg. "Tamisha" I look ahead and see Marcus walking towards me. I grin and stare at the ground. He gets closer to me and gently holds my chin and lifts my head up. "I was going to ask if we could do something after school today". I grin and stare at the grungy tiles on the floor. He grabs my hand, "So that's a yes then?" he asks. I feel something in my hands, I look down and it's a piece of paper with his number, I grin, nod, and walk away.

I grab my things out of my locker and and head down the hallway. I see Chris and speed up while hoping he doesn't notice me. I make it past him. "Yes!" I bolt down the stairs and head to the bus stop.