Noticed

I unlocked the front door and opened it. "Where were you?" "School, I stayed after to get some homework done." My mom rolled her eyes and walked back into the front room. I walked upstairs to my room, it was quiet and dark. Just how I liked it. When I opened up my door the smell of stale pizza and must filled my nose. I put my book bag down and walked over to my bed and sat down. I started thinking about what happened today with Marcus.

"Tamisha come down stairs now!" I clenched my teeth and swallowed hard, then walked down stairs. "Look at these grades!" I looked at the floor and shrugged. She let out a deep sigh "You're going to have to get a tutor". I looked at the floor, then at her "Alright".

The next day I decided to wear something nice. I walked to my closet and dug around in the laundry basket where my clean clothes were. I pulled out a pair of dark jeans and a pretty oversized sweater. When I put the jeans and sweater on I walked over to my mirror and stared. Then I thought that maybe I should take it off, "Nah". I grabbed my hair straightener and started straightening my hair. When I was done I put a clip in my hair to hold the bangs back. I was starting to slide on my boots when my mom yelled for me to come downstairs so I wouldn't be late.

When I got to school I noticed some people who didn't even know I existed were staring at me. I looked at the floor and tried to ignore but I couldn't help it. When I walked into my first class of the day I saw Marcus talking to some of his friends. I started walking to my seat "Tamisha! You look pretty today." I turned to see who it was and it was Marcus. I blushed and looked at the floor, then at him. He smiled. Just then the bell rang "Well can you talk to me after class? I have something to tell you", "Sure" I said. Then he walked over to his seat.