Chapter 4 - Namjoon

(Only for story purposes. None of the story line mentioned relates with the real life of any idol.)

I sit at my desk staring at the math text book in front of me. For some reason, I can't understand a thing. I pick up my pencil which I seem to have dropped when zoning out for the sixth time this evening. I have always finished homework within an hour but this time it seems to take a bit longer than a three. I get out of my chair, giving up on that stupidity. Fuck maths today. I go out the balcony and get a deep breath of fresh oxygen. And release it after knowing I inhaled too much. My iq dropped to 0 today. I looked up at the moon and suddenly I saw someone. (Not Jin). I remember this morning when I first saw her face. Cute. I didn't know dark brown eyes were that attractive until I saw it in hers. I didn't know pink could be such a beautiful colour till I looked at her lips. I didn't know true beauty existed till I saw her. Come on Namjoon, you're going too far.

"Namjoon!!" Mom called. Mom... Always coming in the middle of imagination. I turn back and close the balcony door and head straight to the dining table. I sure am hungry. That guy didn't come yet. Is probably cheating again... Yes, my dad. I hate him. I shove my food in my mouth hoping to get it finished soon so I can get my homework done. I eat so fast I choke. My mom rushes and hands me a cup of water. I drink up and feel stupid.

"Are you okay?" My mom asked. I didn't reply I just nodded. I was too busy coughing. My mom patted on my head and my coughs stopped. My mom sat beside me and took my hand in hers. She gave me a sweet smile and caressed my hands.

"Is there something bothering you? Is it stressing you a lot? You can tell me, I'll listen"

"I'm okay mom... I swear" I smiled a bit so she'll get relaxed. She smiled back to me and released my hand. I picked up my plate and washed my hands. While washing I heard the doorbell. I know it's him, so I don't have to turn back. But I do. Because I hear a slap. I immediately rush over to the door and get a hold of my mother who is holding her cheeks. I look at my father with bloodshot eyes. I'm ready to kill him. I can't take this anymore. How can someone be so Cruel to their own wife and children? I leave my mom and grab his collar pinning him against the wall. He grabs my throat and presses it so hard I can barely breath. I have to remove my grip from his collar to loosen his grip around my neck. But once I remove my hand he throws me to the ground. I get back up and grab his shirt again. Anyone can see the boiling anger in my eyes. My mom tries to pull me out of the fight but it only makes my grip tighter. My mom pulls me apart and slaps me hard in the cheeks it burns. I look at her with guilt filled eyes and she's crying.

"Are you out of your mind??! He's your father!!" She yells and I flinch.

"But- but he slapped you. And not only this but you know how much he has hurt you all these days. How long do you think I can watch this nonsense? Are you saying that it is okay for you to get hit by this asshole every single night and do you expect me to stay silent? No mom, I'm sorry. I cannot see you getting hurt. This guy needs to know that whatever he is doing is severely punishable!" I blurt out and give and stare to my dad. It's weird to say dad when his actions don't match the actions of any dad in the world.

"ENOUGH!! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" She yells again. I follow her words and retreat to my room. Once I'm inside the room I punch the air. My anger comes out in the form of tears and my knees drop to the ground. I grab the back of my neck and let my tears fall out.

The wooden floor is wet from the tears that fell. I've never cried this much in my whole life. I lie there in the floor and don't know when I slept.

• • •

I felt my face burning so I covered my face with my palms and slowly opened my heavy eyes. I sat back up and rubbed the tiredness from my eyes. I looked around and found myself wrapped in a blanket. Mom might have done it. I got up and folded the blanket and tossed I onto the bed. I got ready and went into the living room. My mom sat there on the couch watching tv. She was giggling like nothing ever happened yesterday. I looked around and couldn't see my dad. Relief. As I went to the doorway my mom saw me.

"Oh! Didn't see you there. Namjoon-ah, I'm sorry for yesterday... I shouldn't have shouted at you like that." She formed tears in her eyes and gripped my arms. I wrapped my arms around her and caressed her back, calming her down. We broke the hug and I left for school.

[Time skip brought to you by the following: Yoongi's tangerines™]

"Namjooniee!" Someone shouted. I come back to my senses and look around. It's Hoseok hyung. He's running towards me. He wraps his arms around my shoulder and smiles. "how are you today?" He asks as we walk in through the corridors. "Not good." I shake my head. "Huh? Is everything okay?" I stay silent. He stops and so do I. He comes in front of me and places both his arms on my shoulders. "Did you fight again?" He states at me and I gulp. Him when he is angry is the scariest thing. I shake my head again. He throws his head backwards and sighs. "How many times do I have to tell you not to fight?" I just stare down. He knows everything that has been happening with me for the past few years. And he knows what's the best for me in every situation. So I listen to him. But everything has limitations. He crossed his limits yesterday and that's why I fought him.

"Look here... I know you get angry when he hurts your mom but he is your dad... You can't be fighting with him like that. I know what happened but I'm sure he must have a reason why he's doing that... Maybe if you sit down and listen to him the answers to your questions might be given. " He explained. I just nodded and went back to my class.

---

I came inside and I saw a bouquet on my desk. I know who it is, so I just throw away the bouquet on the ground and sat down. "Uhh!! Why did you throw it on the ground?" A shrill voice pierced my ears. I looked up and saw Minji. I sighed and started focusing on my textbook. I could see from my side view that she picked up the bouquet and again handed it to me. "Here, my apology. Please forgive me and make me your girlfriend again!" I pushed away the bouquet and gave her the death stare. She pouted and went away. She always makes me furious. Everytime she's here wants me punch her face.

[Time skip brought to you by the following: Namjoon's baby shoes™]

After placing the books in my locker I closed it and turned back. I saw y/n and her friends walking. I saw her laughing for the first time. She laughs adorably. I smile and it drops again. She gives a quick glance to me and my heart flutters and my stomach turns upside down. Looking at her does something weird to me.

____________________________________

1370 words. (I don't like this chapter. What do you think?)