Chapter 3.

Shawn's POV***

I sat there watching my wife speak, she looked absolutely beautiful as she spoke to our therapist. She was always beautiful but these past 3 months of us getting to know one another again as we rebuilt our marriage one day at a time she was glowing, she was seeping with confidence and how she was dealing with this whole disaster was graceful almost as if she needed this to happen to finally awaken in true form.

"Shawn?"

I snapped back into reality, as I looked over at Andrea our therapist calling my name.

"Yes?"

I said.

"How has the exercise I had you two do for the past week worked for you?"

I smiled thinking of our past week and how great it has been.

"I think it helped us connect really well, as we know we're here because of me but Quinn has been so kind and open minded during this whole ordeal and I for one have been blessed with a second chance and I couldn't be more humbled by this."

She smiled slightly and nodded as she wrote on her notepad.

"I was already hopeful for you two the first time you came in, but you two have seriously made great progress over the past three months and that alone should make you proud. Just keep up the exercises and taking it one day at a time and in no time you won't need me anymore until you need guidance."

Andrea said as she stood shaking both our hands as she did at the end of every session, we left hand in hand walking out to the lobby to the parking lot. As we neared our car Kimberly was leaning against it as she rubbed on a growing belly, I mentally yelled of course she would come ruin our day.

"Please get off the car we just had it detailed."

Quinn said with a smile, Kimberly smirked and obliged her request.

"What are you doing here?"

Not taking her gaze off of Quinn she opened her mouth to speak.

"Just making sure you're going to be at OUR baby's next ultrasound appointment."

Quinn scoffed at her exaggeration of the word 'our'.

"My wife and I will both be there, don't worry."

The smirk she was wearing was now gone and a scowl replaced it.

"She's not going to be in my baby's life, so you can forget about it."

I was about to go off until Quinn lifted up her finger letting me know she had this one.

"You know what Kim, for you to be the one who interrupted my marriage and almost destroy my family it's ironic for you to stand there as if I'm the inconvenience in your life when in fact you were the hurricane that blew through my damn house, if you want to continue these games Shawn and I will take you to court for custody do I make myself clear."

Quinn said standing inches away from Kimberly now, she knew Kim was still young and she acted like it as well so it wouldn't be hard for us to be granted custody.

"Crystal, see you at the appointment."

She said knowing she had lost this fight as she scurried away to her car, Quinn took a deep breath as she turned to face me smiling lightly.

"Let's get home, I'm starving."

She said walking to the passenger side with me hot on her heels opening the door and helping her inside before I returned to the driver side hopping inside, anytime we ran into Kim it made things awkward for a while and I didn't mind her shutting down because all of this was on me I just wish I could take it all back.