September 12, 1982

A/N: I'm going to start adding trigger warnings from this point forward because (it's gruesome) it might be upsetting to read, depending on the reader. As always, make sure you read them if there is anything that might upset you, and do what you think is best. Take care of yourselves, nerds!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Big violence, brief language

Tuesday. A joyous day. Rain everywhere all day, according to the man on the news. It would sprinkle in the morning and pick up as the day went on. By seven that night, it would be around eight inches. The weatherman noted that your power might go out, and you hoped it didn't. You didn't want to be here without the lights. It was a childish fear, but this place was terrifying. Ever since you had elected that kidnapping was a crime, it had been scary. And it wasn't getting better as time went on. 

You beat Uncle Al to the kitchen that morning, so breakfast was on you. A simple bowl of cereal would do just fine. As you poured the milk, Al came down the stairs, cuffing the ends of his button-up. 

"Good Morning," he said. It didn't sound like it was very good. 

"Morning," you replied. "Remember, Robin and Finney are coming over tonight."

"Right, right." He rubbed his forehead as if he were trying to snuff out a headache. "What are you guys going to do?" 

"Well, I figured that we could get some homework done together, and then we could play Monopoly until they go home."

He nodded and began to brew his coffee. "Okay. Lunch is in the fridge."

He got like this sometimes. Usually, it was after a rough night of kidnapping and drugging. The good-sized bruise you saw on his forearm only seemed to prove this. 

"Is there--" you paused, your words hitching in your throat. "Is there someone in the basement?" 

"Yes," Al curtly replied. "Don't go down there right now. He's probably still sleeping. It took a lot to get him to pass out and stay out." 

You nodded grimly. The first day was always the worst. They were angry, scared, and in pain. They also liked to believe it was you who ripped them from the streets and hurled them into this dungeon. Often, they refused to eat or drink. It was hard to see. 

"Have a good day." 

And Al was gone.

_______________________

You didn't see Vance at all that day, much to your relief. Not even his Mustang was in the parking lot. You hoped he was ditching. He sucked major butt. You did, however, see Robin and Finney at lunch. 

"Hey," Robin greeted, plopping down beside you at the table. "What's up?" 

"Nothing, just reveling in the fact that Vance isn't here," you replied, taking a bite of your sandwich. "What's up with you?" 

"Waiting for Finn to show up. Supposedly, he's brought me some leftover K.F.C, and I'm a hungry man." 

You both laughed (well, you choked on your sandwich first, but same difference). You saw Finney approaching with a lunch tray in one hand and a paper bag in the other. 

"Hey, guys." Finn handed Robin the bag. "Did you notice who's gone today?" 

"Vance," you replied immediately. "Thankfully." 

"I bet I could take him." Robin bit into a drumstick. "The hardest part about fighting him would be getting all that hair out of the way." 

"Seriously," Finney laughed. "He looks like Robert Plant if he got electrocuted."