Shatter Me

The Ice Swirled around the Battlefield, a Large Shadowed Deer keeled in the centre, a massive blast of ice crashed through the air. Towards the Deer. 

The Deer had a lot of regrets in life, One of its biggest regrets was in a single action, When the void curled around a Mortal Human and changed them. Yet that helped the Deer learn something it had never truly understood, Compassion and Empathy.

It Reminisced about the people it had Met. Patrion... Yal.. Array... Magu... 

Aaron..

These were the people who had helped it to learn something the other Shards had not, The Ability to FEEL something other than a duty to their lords above.

It Smiled, knowing it had at least done something good for this world as it stared up towards the empty sky, wishing it was full of stars instead of the blankness of the void's Colosseum..  It allowed all of its sorrows and worries to finally melt away and as the Sky swirled above the Beige Colosseum

The Ice Came closer

Closer

Closer

And with it, The Deer's regrets continued to pile up as it thought back to everything, from its birth to Now. 

Yet it Smiled, It knew it had done well but it only really wanted to say one thing before its soul was claimed by the cold, cruel and Sharp ice. It was the word "Sorry". 

It wanted to say Sorry for not doing enough.

It wanted to say Sorry for being blinded to empathy once more when it had just learnt it.

It wanted to say Sorry for not being able to help someone find their loved one, even if they were dead....

The Deer stared up at the massive wave of ice and accepted its fate, feeling the sharp pains before the world went blue for the final time before finally fading to black as the Deer collapsed to the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vale, Cervus inanis

Paenitet tandem libera, libera ut avis.

Gratias tibi ago.