[The Perfect Gift...] Soft Mod ☁

Pico was waiting outside of an art store as Ben told him he wouldn't be long. The ginger complied. Since he still needed a plan for a big gift for his small boyfriend. Sure, he got him gifts already, but he wanted to get him something special.

What should I get for him... Toughie thought to himself. Something he'll like, of course.

The bluenette had a lot of art stuff already, so it'd be basic to get him more, and dumb to get him something he probably already had. He practically had everything. This gift..... needed to be perfect.

But Pico couldn't think of anything. How could it be so difficult to think of a present for your own boyfriend? The male's thoughts were interrupted by Benjamin scurrying in his direction, hugging him when he reached him.

Pico hugged back, then the two looked at one another. "Did you find anything you like?" Pico asked. "Uh-huh, there was a bunch of cool stuff!" Benjamin chirped happily. "..Anything in particular-?" the taller pried. "No...." Ben knew why he was asking.

He didn't want much from him. He wasn't that greedy for gifts. "You know you don't have to get me anything, Toughie. Just your presence is enough!" Softie raised his arms with a warm smile on his face. "Oh, Baby Blue.." Pico chuckled softly, shaking his head slightly. He loved his adorable boyfriend.

Pico was able to sneak away to the store without Ben for a little bit. Of course, he left a note as to not give the poor boy a panic attack. He knew Benjamin hated being left behind. Not only because of his parents, but also because he didn't want anything to happen to his lover.

Pico looked around the store for a little bit before growing impatient. Ugh.. there's nothing! He huffed in annoyance. He moved onto the art section before finding some frames.

Then it hit him.

He picked up a frame and bought nothing but that.

Pico was finishing up the last bit of wrapping before placing the gift under the tree the couple set up together in their living room. Ben came out a little bit after with a mug of hot cocoa because he loves it. He was dressed in Pico's sweater (the one designed for chapter 6 which is upcoming) and some on his own jeans. "Whatcha doing?" He asked curiously.

Pico turned to him and smiled softly, "Just finished wrapping the last gift. Now we can have some quality cuddle time, how does that sound?" He walked over behind Ben and wrapped his arms around him, resting his head in his fluffy blue hair.

Ben's ahoge wiggled a bit as he blushed, "We cuddle all the time, Toughie." he looked up at him. "Yeah I know, you make it sound like a bad thing." Pico chuckled. "Nooooo! It's not!" Ben whined. Pico pet his head. "I'm just teasing ya, Blue." The two walked over to the couch and sat down.

The day had arrived. CHRISTMAS DAY!! The two were very excited. They had opened all their gifts.... except one. Pico instructed Benjamin to not open it till the end. He pulled it out from under the tree and handed it to him. It was a light green bag with a pale blue bow wrapped around it.

Ben looked at it in astonishment as he held it. "Toughie this is way too much-" "Just open it." Pico said with a assuring smile. Ben giggled a little before undoing the bow and opening the bag.

He picked up a picture. And after looking at it for not even two seconds... his eyes widened.

"Toughie..."

Tears welled up in Benjamin's eyes as he stared at the picture. Pico went in panic mode, "B-Baby Blue?! What's wrong?!" Softie wiped his eyes, them big still glued to the photo, "N-nothing... just- I love it so much.." he sniffled.

Pico's eyes softened and he brought the smaller boy closer and hugged him. "I'm glad you like it." Ben hugged back.

"Merry Christmas, Softie.."

678 words

Kept it short and sweet :3

Originally made this for YouTube but I also wanted to share it on here. Merry Christmas, everyone!

♡♡♡