𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞- 𝐜𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

Eliana's eyes go straight to their regular as he walks in- a boy seeming to be around her age with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a somewhat annoying smile that always seems to be on his face

And well, he always talks to Eliana. Ever since she's worked here. It's always small talk though, which is definitely not Eliana's favorite. She's never been big on it, and therefore just tries to politely finish up their conversations as soon as possible.

"Hey Eli." He smiles at her, and she tries her best to not be rude, as she musters a tight lipped smile for the boy.

"Hey, Matt." She replies, faking enthusiasm. She figured it was obvious that she hadn't been as excited to see him as he was with her, but he must have ignored it, or even not noticed it in the first place.

"How's the guitar?" He asks her. A few months ago, Eliana made what she would now consider a mistake- she told him that she played the electric guitar, after he had asked her what she was doing after work.

Which she assumed he would just forget about it the next time he came, but he never seemed to, and always ended up bringing up the topic once again.

Although Matt seems to have learned a few things about Eliana so far, she hasn't learned much about him. All that she remembers is that his name is Matt, and that he must really like iced coffees. The only reason why she actually knows his name though, is because of the fact that she needs it to take his order- and she knows that he must like iced coffees because that's the only thing he gets.

Seriously, though. It's the only thing he's ever ordered from the cafe, so Eliana assumes he's probably just sticking to what he likes. Which Eliana can't blame him for if she's being honest, since she often finds herself sticking with stuff that she knows is safe, instead of stepping outside of her comfort zone.

"It's good." She lies. That's the same thing she replies with every time, though. The truth is, she hasn't played in months. Part of her doesn't know why she started lying about it in the first place, but the lie was too far gone now.

The reason why Eliana stopped playing the guitar though, was because of her health. She began to get weak, only just a few months after starting chemotherapy. She only got a little far into playing though, which she thought was a bummer, since she had been starting to enjoy the instrument.

Before Matt even has to chance to say anything else, Eliana puts in his iced coffee order into the cafe's iPad, which they use to take orders.

"Aren't you gonna ask me what I want?" He says suddenly, and Eliana looks up to see a smirk on his face.

"Oh. I just assumed you'd want your regular, sorry-" she begins to trail off, before Matt stops her.

"Nah, your fine. I was joking. Of course I want my regular, Eli." His smirk turns into a grin.