𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨- 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬

Since Eliana had lung cancer, she constantly needed to take tests

Since Eliana had lung cancer, she constantly needed to take tests. Since it was pretty sucky for her though, her mom often tried to cheer her up afterwards- which sprouted the idea of 'test Tuesdays.'

Wether it's scans, X-rays, or blood work, Eliana constantly is in the doctors office. She has to get multiple stuff done on her per week. Because of this, she at first liked to do the tests separately, since she hated them so much. Then, she realized it'd be better to just get them all over with at once.

After Eliana decided this, her mom proposed that they could do it on Tuesdays, which she claimed would make it more fun if they called it 'test Tuesdays.' But if she was being honest, Eliana didn't really care about making it fun, she just more so cared about getting them over with.

Nonetheless, she ended up giving in to make her mom happy, and that sprouted test Tuesdays.

Anyways, since she had multiple tests on that certain day, Eliana's parents decided to have her take the day off of work every week.

Eliana sat in her mom's car, staring out the window as she rested her chin in her hands. Her mom was blasting music with the window down, which she must have assumed would make the atmosphere brighter or whatever.

Her mom suddenly turned down the music though, which caught Eliana's attention as she turned to face her mom.

"So hun, how's work been?" She asked. Great. More small talk, since she definitely didn't have enough of that in her life.

"It's been fine." Eliana shrugged, facing the window once again.

"That's good." Her mom replied, searching for something else to talk about. She knew that whatever topic she could come up with though, would be boring- and Eliana wouldn't show any interest, just like she had been doing often.

For the last couple months, there hasn't been much to actually bring Eliana joy. Well, I guess that happens when the constant thought of death is hanging over your head, but still. The only things she's been involved in are listening to music, reading, occasionally hanging out with Mia, and talking to her brother, Mason.

But, her brother hasn't been home a lot. He started college two years ago, and ever since then it's been all that he could ever talk about. At first, it didn't bug Eliana; she even enjoyed hearing him rave about his college experience. But now, it's just a constant reminder that she will never go to college.

She's eighteen, and barely even graduated. Eliana found out about her cancer a month before school ended, which resulted in her mental health dropping dramatically. Because of that, it was hard to get her to go to school, nonetheless to even get any of her work done. But her parents helped her power through it, and she managed to get her diploma, just like they had wanted.

Since her mom knew Eliana would just push away any sort of conversation right now, she decided to just drop the idea and focus on driving.

The two arrived at the doctor's office, and they had to wait a bit for their turn. Eliana decided to just pull out her phone, instead of sitting and being bored.