𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞- 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Eliana handed a customer her drink, giving her a soft smile as she did so

Eliana handed a customer her drink, giving her a soft smile as she did so. Once she received her drink and walked off, Eliana turned to the register to find her next customer.

Well, she wasn't that shocked when she saw Matt standing in front of her.

"Hey, Eli." He grinned.

"Hello, Matt."

"Soo, how come you weren't here yesterday?" Matt asked.

Eliana frowned. "Oh. Yesterday was a Tuesday, I don't go here on Tuesdays. I thought you would've known that already though..?" She cocked an eyebrow at the brunette.

"Why would I have known that?" He matched her confused expression.

"I don't know, because you go here everyday.. Don't you remember Tod? He fills in for me every time I'm gone." She narrowed her eyes.

Matt's eyes immediately widened. Shit. Now he had to think of some lame ass excuse to try and cover himself up.

You see, Matt had forgotten yesterday that Eliana doesn't come in on Tuesdays. Usually, he just skips coming in on Tuesdays- because what's the point otherwise? The entire point of him coming in now is because of her, not for this damn coffee.

Anyways, Eliana doesn't realize that Matt doesn't go in everyday, and she assumes he must go in on Tuesdays too and would know her coworker, Tod.

"Ohhh, yeah Tod. Of course. I just forgot." He chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Mhm." She nodded, and looked down to place his order.

Matt scolded himself in his head for being incredibly awkward, shaking his head at himself.

"The regular?" Eliana asked, her eyes still glued to the screen in front of her.

"Huh?" Matt frowned, after being snapped out of his trance.

"You want the regular?" Eliana raised an eyebrow at the boy, and he nodded.

"Yeah, yeah sorry. I was just zoning out I guess." He mumbled, and embarrassedly stuck his hands into his pockets.

"Nah, your fine. I do that all the time." Eliana shrugged, putting his order into the tablet.

"Alright, I'm not even gonna tell you your total this time because you already know the drill." She mumbled under her breath.

"Of course." Matt grinned sheepishly, pulling out his wallet and handing her the cash. He walked over a random table, sat down, and scrolled through his phone while waiting.