New Year World Slip

New Year's Eve...the day just before a new year begins. The adults were serving drinks to party guests, the babies were split into groups to go play with the other townsfolk children. Fensha was watching over one such group, cooing every time she watched them follow her like a bunch of ducklings...except she saw something strange...

Hekka was lying down on the ground, looking at the stars with Leah next to him. "Thordrak...what are you doing?" She asked the red dragonborn who was sneaking up on the babies. "Nothing..." Thordrak said as he inched close enough to be face to face with his wife.

*Chuuu*
"Yoink!"
"Waaaaaaaaa!"

Thordrak surprised his wife with a kiss before he proceeded to drag and carry a squealing Hekka and make off with him, surprising both Leah and Fensha. Once Fensha shook off the fuzziness, she finally caught on to Thordrak's shenanigans. "Oh you little- Haha! Thordraaaahaaak!"

The babies laughed as Fensha gave chase. Thordrak made sure Hekka was still safe and Fensha was still a few feet away from him. "Hehe! Give him back, you goof!" Fensha said as her husband raised Hekka above his head and out of her reach. "Mmmmnoooo!" All the while, Hekka continued giggling and squealing in joy. "Aahaaaaeeee!"

"You! Insufferable! Goohooof! Put! Him! Down!" Fensha emphasised each word with an attempt to grab Hekka from Thordrak's arms while trying to contain her laughter. "Hmmm, ok!" Thordrak let Hekka hug his chest like a monkey as he used his now free hands to hug Fensha, squishing the happy baby between both of them.

"Mmmm...you goof." Fensha nuzzled her husband's snoot. Thordrak had been keeping her on her toes for a bit, stealing a kobold under her watch every now and then while waiting for the fireworks to be set.

"Okeh! We ready-! Hm? Huh...where is Milko?" Safi thought aloud. Darko was perched on a table, watching the adults wrap bundles of fireworks together while Choco was actively tweaking the fuses to make sure the fireworks didn't miscalculate and fly off course or misfire and detonate on the ground but Milko...was nowhere to be seen.

"Milko? Milkoooo!" Safi searched around the yard but to no avail. With a sigh she walked off, telling her rats to stay and help the adults as they were about to finish anyway. "Looking for someone, Safi?" Safi's ears twitched when she heard the voice before looking up to realise it's Bella.

"Mmmm...Milko missing..." Safi commented absentmindedly as she kept looking around to see no trace of her. "Well I didn't see her leave the house. She might still be inside." Bella mentioned.

"Mmmm! What is that white dumbo up to this time?" Safi thought angrily, knowing that her mage rat colluded with dangerous beings even beyond her comprehension sometimes. Milko herself wasn't evil and she has good intentions but sometimes...the beings she communicates with aren't as benevolent.

Meanwhile...

Milko sat cross legged, eyes closed, quietly praying in the middle of a red circle with strange runes painted all over the floor. "Oh Great Horned One...tell me what you seek..."

Then all of a sudden, her vision became a desolate land of ruin as she was no longer a little rat. She was much bigger and she was standing on two legs in this realm.

 She was much bigger and she was standing on two legs in this realm