𝗢𝗡𝗘 ━ rose

❛ don't call me that

❛ don't call me that. ❜
˖ ࣪ ‹ ▬▭ SKINNY LOVE , isaac garcia 𖠿 ׂ ぃ ᮫
❛ what? it is your middle name after all. ❜

          BEING a Howard was supposed to be easy. Key word: supposed.

The two daughters stood side-by-side inside the airport, patiently waiting for the two adults approach them to take the two to their new "home".

Rory sighed, anxiously tapping her fingers on the handle of her luggage, seeing a strange but familiar red headed female approach them with such eagerness.

"That's her, isn't it?" Jackie Howard, her fraternal twin whispered in her ear.

The lady in the distance, known as Katherine, their mom's best friend, looked too young despite her age. The woman aged beautifully, cherry red hair and a smile with dimples, framing her face perfectly.

Rory sighed, putting both her hands inside her warm coats pockets. "Rightfully so." She responded, putting on a slight smile as she got closer.

Behind Katherine was another man, also looking in his late forties, stubble grew all over his face with a hint of silver grey hair. 

"Jackie. Rory." Katherine says, as she approached the two who she drew into a hug. "I'm so happy you're here." She sighed, letting go of the two.

She smiled. "So um," The older woman turned to look behind her, grabbing the man's arm affectionately. "This is George."

"Hi George."

"Hey."

"Hi Rory, Hi Jackie." The man says, walking behind the two, pushing the cart of luggage as they walked towards the exit.

"So how — how's everything? Was the flight okay? Do you need anything before we go? Coffee?"

Jackie smiled, turning to her sister who was already putting on her earphones. "We're fine,
Katherine."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After what felt like hours of trees blurring past Rory's view, they finally reached their new home.

Stepping out of the car, Rory saw Jackie already observing the house.

This was a big step for the two, considering they were used to big city lights surrounding their homes, they had to adjust to barns, animals and the breeze of nature as their surroundings.