Chapter 2

After arriving to school, I went with my normal routine. I'm gonna skip this school part cause we all know we don't wanna read about school. Luckily, it was the last day of school. All the teachers were saying good bye to their favorite students. Of course, I was just sitting under a tree, writing. My next class was Math, my least favorite subject. ((I know you all agree it's not fun!!)) 

The bell, signalling it was time for the next class. I sighed and closed my notebook I was writing about. Just a fox and a girl who have to survive together. It was one of my personal favorites I was writing. I got up and walked to the classroom. The teacher was standing infront of the class. I sat down in my seat. 

The teacher started preaching, and as always, I didn't listen. Probably some dumb stuff about how she'll miss us. I just wrote in the back of the class. Nobody noticed me as I wrote. I then noticed something, a pen. I took it out of the desk and looked at it. I shrugged and put it back. 

I sat through the rest of class. Finally, diiiing. People rushed out the door, I was the last one out. I looked back at the teacher. She ignored me. I looked down, wondering if anybody would ever notice. This never bothered me before... 

I walked out silently and ran to the bus. I climbed in quickly in the back. Nobody sat here. What were these feelings? I suddenly felt lonely, like I wanted friends for once. 

"Nobody notices..." I whispered quietly. I started to write to get over it. It didn't matter, the only thing that mattered to me was my books. I started making up stories when I was 5, then when I was 8 I started writing down my stories. My family really didn't care, I just had my imagination to keep me company. I never got along nicely with anybody... Unlike the people I wrote about.

The bus stopped infront of my house. Only three kids got up, Cat, Caleb, and me, Clare. We stepped into our home and I instantly went to my room. I sat down at my desk and reached in my pocket. I pulled out a pen. I used it, not noticing it was from earlier. 

'The fox jumped on the girl's lap as she cri-' I felt something leap into my lap. I looked to see the fox, just as I imagined it. My eyes widened and I pet the fox. I WAS PETTING A FOX! I looked at the pen, then at the fox. Wait... The ink disappeared right after I wrote that... 

I stared at the pen. "Okaaay..." I couldn't believe this. 'Clare, who was sitting in her desk, had a brown, fluffy tail.' I felt something tickle my back. I looked behind me to see a... fluffy tail! I moved it around. I then looked at the pen, and smirked. 'Clare, who hardly ever got any attention, watched as her sister walked in and hugged her, then walked away.' 

Nothing happened. Maybe I couldn't control people... Okay. 'Clare's glasses's lenses were magically fixed.' And like that, they were fixed. I had broken them when I fell down the stairs. I dropped the pen and stared at the fox. What the hell?