Chapter 3

I had made my tail invisible to everyone else but me because I didn't want people to see. I climbed out of my window, which isn't allowed because in our community, sneaking out could mean you're planning something for a war.

I had to make sure that the fox was in the wild where it belonged. I got out my pen and wrote on my hand, 'Clare's tail was visible to everyone.' And it was. This was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

I took the fox into my arms and ran to the woods. It was across the road. The road is kinda big, so I tried to sprint for a bit. I tripped over some railing and skinned my elbow. It hurt, but I got up again. The fox licked it.

It made it feel worse. I ignored the pain and kept running. I heard a gun shot and something flew right in front of me. I stepped back as my eyes widened. I looked to where it came from.

A man in the army suit shot at me. He stared at my tail and fox. I knew what he was thinking, I'm a monster. I kept running and something hit my arm. I dropped to my knees as tears streamed down my cheeks.

The fox growled and there was another gunshot. I grabbed the fox as blood ran down my arm. It hurt, but I was going to die if I didn't run.

Boom. Something came towards my head and I heard the loudest yelp. I looked at the fox, it was injured, bad. My eyes widened, the fox was dying now. The fox whimpered.

'"NO!" The girl screamed as the fox jumped in front of her before the axe hit her. The fox saved her...

I put my hand over my mouth. The fox crawled into my lap and died. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I got out my pen and wrote on my hand, 'A gun appeared.'

Dust flew from the ground and formed the shape of a gun. My eyes widened. I didn't know how to use a gun, I was only 13. I grabbed it and aimed it at the man who shot the fox.

"Shoot and face the consequences!" Another man aimed at my head. Blood trickled from my arm. , there were two quick gunshots and the men fell down, blood coming from their head. I dropped my gun and cried.

That wasn't me who shot them though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who saved Clare? Cliffhanger, as I love them. I'm trying to update twice a day maybe, not sure. Thanks for reading!

~LunaTheNekoProxy