The Family Dinner Awards: Celebrating the most exhausting moments

A/N: My new favourite game is seeing how long it takes me to regain my motivation🤧. The fanart above belongs to @3584mha on r/ChurchOfJirou.
*********************************

Around 5:20 pm, Mitsuki Bakugou and Masaru had finished cooking and setting the dinner table. They opted to relax on the couch while waiting for their son to arrive, which would take about five more minutes.

As Katsuki headed toward his parents, he kept complaining about how he couldn't even go back to the dorms and had to endure another five minutes of walking. Thankfully, that annoyance was soon overshadowed by thoughts of one of his female classmates sneaking into his mind. He muttered some unintelligible words to himself as he strolled down the deserted street.

As he knocked on the door, his parents greeted him warmly on the couch. Mitsuki practically leaped off the sofa towards her son, exclaiming, "Katsuki! We've been waiting for ages!" She enveloped him in a tight hug, almost strangling him with affection. "It hasn't even been ten minutes, you're overreacting," Katsuki remarked, gently breaking free from the embrace.

The small family gathered around the table, each of them diligently washing their hands before the meal. As they said their prayers and began to eat, an eerie silence settled over the room. Mitsuki, growing increasingly irritated by the lack of conversation, decided to break the silence with a rather unexpected question. "So, Katsuki, have you found yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend yet?" she asked, her tone laced with annoyance. Katsuki, taken aback, nearly choked on his food. "Why on earth would you assume I have a boyfriend?" he managed to say, quickly gulping down a glass of water to regain his composure. Mitsuki simply shrugged, unbothered by her son's reaction. "Well, I just assumed that no girl would want to be with you," she retorted. 

Rolling his eyes, Katsuki couldn't help but fire back, mimicking his mother's words, "I just assumed no girl; would want to be with you." Sensing the tension in the air, Masaru, the voice of reason, gently placed his hands on his wife's shoulders. "Honey, maybe we should give Katsuki a chance to speak," he suggested, hoping to calm her down.

"If only Jirou was here, then this dinner wouldn't be as dull," Katsuki muttered to himself. Unfortunately, his mother overheard him. "Jirou? Is that one of your friends? I didn't realize you had any friends besides Izuku," she said with a grin that hinted at mischief. "I have a brilliant idea!" Mitsuki exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly. "Why don't you invite this 'Jirou' over for dinner next weekend?" Her tone made it clear that it wasn't a suggestion, but a command.

After that exhausting dinner, Katsuki helped with the dishes, then went upstairs and threw himself onto the bed in the empty bedroom he hadn't been using since he moved into the dorms. Now he has to convince Jirou to come to dinner by next week Saturday, great.

**********************************
A/N: Happy New Year!!! I say, nine days later. I could have honestly published this chapter before December ended, but oh well🤗

Procrastination just hit me way too hard, but I gave ya'll over 400 hundred words; take it or leave it.

School is literally next week Oh my fucking God, I wanna cry😢

A/N- 25/03/2024:

Grammar and spelling errors fixed and more words written