CHAPTER 23: NEW YEARS EVE

Tom kept getting invites from the guys on the football team and some of the guys he went to high school with for New Year's Eve parties.  Tom kept turning all the invites down.

  I had made plans with the girls to have our own New Year's Eve party at our house.  I told Mia that she could invite Chase. Mom was coming, and I invited Emma, but knew she probably wouldn't feel like coming, but I wanted her to know she was welcome.

She thanked me and said that she didn't feel like partying, but maybe we could get together on Sunday.  I told her I would love that.

Tom had just got another call with an invite.  He was sitting on the couch with Baylie watching tv, while Baylie was enjoying one of her bones she got for Christmas.

I had been in the kitchen, planning my grocery list, for all the food and drinks for our party. I was excited, this was going to be our first party in our little house.  We have had the girls and Tom's mom for dinner, but this was a party. When I came out of the kitchen, I heard Tom on the phone.  Tom said, "Thanks again for the invite, but my answer hasn't changed. We are staying home."

I said, "Tom?"

He said, "yeah you need any help?"

I came and sat down.  I said, "if you want to go to one of those parties, we can do that."

Tom said, "Madison, I told you, no I don't want to take you to any party. I don't want any guy looking at you, except for me. Besides the girls are really excited, and I know someone else who is really excited to host a party."

He put his hand on my knee.  He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I said, "I feel like I hold you back."

Tom said, "Madison please stop feeling that way. Don't you know I would rather be with you, sober. I did the party scene. All through high school. It's not that fun actually when I look at the fun I have with you sober."   I put my hand on his hand.

Tom said, "I have the most beautiful hottest wife, why would I want to spend my time at a party with drunk guys staring at you.Getting in fights because they are staring at you. When I can be home with my wife. Holding you, kissing you. Dancing with you."  I kissed him.

Tom said, "let's see this list, see if you have everything we need on here."  He took the list out of my hand.

I said, "Tom we don't have to get all this, I know I went overboard. I guess I was excited to have a party in our home. But it's silly."

Tom said, "hey it's not silly Rain."

I said, "Tom it is, when it's just your mom and your sisters, and possibly some of the girls I work with. I mean none of your friends want to come because they want to go to a real party. And Mike and Emma aren't coming because Emma doesn't feel like it."

Tom said, "Madison we don't need a lot of people. This is going to be the best party of the year."

I looked down.  Tom said, "hey Rain. I'm serious. It will be."

I said, "hardly Tom. I have never had a party before, and since your little sister is going to be here it won't be like parties that your friends go to."

Tom said, "Madison we are going to have so much fun. I have my beautiful wife, and I am going to dance with you, hopefully get a lot of hugs and kisses with you, and then we can celebrate the year we have had together, celebrate our love, and bring in the New Year."

Tom kissed me.  Tom said, "Besides did you hear that there is a rule when you host a party."

I said, "What rule."