Chapter Thirty-Four: The Secret Room

Friday Redfall 6th, 2184

"Will you just tell us what happened already?" Ezra begged as we sat down at our normal table for lunch. The cafeteria was busy as always, but it was extra busy today because people were talking about the changing seasons. Everyone was starting to bundle up as the weather turned chilly.

"Yeah, I'm not usually one to push, but you two have been avoiding the questions like they're angry rhino-bears." Lee added, "What's so important you have to keep it between the two of you?"

"Ok guys, chill out." Tami interjected, "If they don't wanna talk about it, just leave them alone. If they wanna tell us, they'll tell us when they're ready." But she leaned in to whisper to me anyway, "You know whatever it is, you can tell me and I won't tell the others."

"Ok, if you all wanna know so bad, let's go." I said, angrily.

Everyone turned to look at me in shock.

"What? You want to know what happened, get off your asses and let's go." Everyone stood up silently and me and Taylor led the way to the library.

"Eva, that was a bit much." She said when we'd gotten away from the others' earshot.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was just fed up with the questions. And I'm tired of waiting till this weekend to show them. Lunch is long enough that we'll be fine, and no one goes to the library for lunch. We should be safe enough."

"Ok, if you say so." She replied, falling back to the others, leaving me to lead alone. 

"What is this place?" Willow asked as we walked into the secret room, we'd discovered the day before

"What is this place?" Willow asked as we walked into the secret room, we'd discovered the day before. The seven others walked around the room, admiring all the old, pretty details while me and Taylor stood in front of the door watching them.

"It's a secret Avatar meeting room." I replied, "Tay found it a while ago and showed it to me yesterday. Ursa found us and explained the history of it and The Academy."

"The Academy was around for a long time before it became a school for benders. Ursa doesn't know much about what it was before, but this room is in the original design." She said, starting to retell the events of yesterday's meeting with Master Ursa.

"The first Avatar to attend The Academy found it with some of her friends and they ended up being a Team of nine. They decorated this room and when they all passed and the next Avatar found the room, him and his Team of nine added personal touches to the room. They added the map, the carvings on the chairs and table, and a good number of the books. Ursa was part of the last Avatar's Team and helped scrape off the old names and carve the new ones in the chairs." She pointed out the thin spots on the chairs.

"This is where the names were carved into the chairs every new generation. And the map has cities and towns marked out in red. I guess over the years, every new generation has added something new." She said, "Have you noticed the carvings on the chairs?"