"Shift"

I awoke the next morning to the sound of shouting coming from the direction of my front door. How are things going? As soon as I opened my eyes, I adjusted them to the intense brightness that the sun was providing. Great news, this is the day I pass away. Suddenly, two guys entered the room; they were there. here is it; here is the place where I die.

I was still battered and had blood smeared all over my body and clothing, but my misery is going to cease in a few minutes. They did not say anything and unchained me at the same time. One of them took me out of the room. After putting me on a chair and tying me to the chair with rope, they led me into a tiny room and placed me on the chair.

"So, how are you going to kill me?" I questioned Ace. Instead of paying attention to me, he opened a laptop in front of me.

What exactly are you doing? Have you not made up your mind to murder me? I inquired about it.

"I will, but I want you to watch what your fiancé is going to do" he said back.

"What is he going to do?" When I saw Maddox suddenly come on the screen, he was riding a motorbike. I questioned them.

Upon hearing this, Ace said, "He is going to kill himself."

"What?" I inquired while raising an eyebrow in a perplexed manner.

"Just watch!" he yelled out in fury.

In order to finally put an end to my father's life, I was heading to his house. As I made my way to his residence, I was aware that this was a poor choice since I was alone myself and he most likely had other guys.

I feel like I'm going to be on a real suicide mission right now since everything is all over the place.

I brought my motorbike to a stop in front of his mansion and then proceeded to enter. The entrance was kicked down, and I stepped right in. I then made my way up the stairs to the main area at the top of the building. Not only was he present, but my father was also there, along with a few other males. Not only did he rapidly turn around to face me, but the other males did the same thing.

My beloved son, Adrian, I am very sorry. How are you doing? In a sneer, he inquired about it.

Do you really believe that I wouldn't find it out? If you are working with Ace, I am aware of it! I cried out.

The question that he posed was, "How did you know?"

It's because I'm not a moron! What gives! How come Ace would choose to work with you? And he despises you! I cried out.

"He does, but not to the same extent that he despises you. We decided to work together because we both intended to exact vengeance on you, he said.

"Where's Sophia?" I cried out. Simply said, he laughed.

It was with an even larger sneer on his face that he said, "Why would I tell you where she is?"

Fine, I'll give up," she said. I am at a loss, and you are the winner. I will give myself up to you if you decide to release Sophia at this very now! As I dropped my gun, I then said.

He smiled broadly and exclaimed, "Deal" as he spoke. "Ace, bring her out"

I was surprised to see Ace step out from my right side while holding Sophia in his arms. She had a really injured and battered appearance. And I was entirely to blame for it. Once she was standing on her own two feet, she raced towards me and gave me a hug.

It was with tears in her eyes that she said, "Are we going to go home?" He drew her away from me with his hand.

While kissing her on the forehead, I expressed my regret to Sophia and hoped that she would forgive me.

Her question was, "What?"

The phrase "Take her home" was what I said.

"Don't worry, she'll get home unharmed" Ace reassured her.

During the time when a guy was pulling her away, she said, "Adrian, what is going on?"

As she was being carried out of the room, she yelled out, "Adrian!"

"I love you, Sophia..." I whispered to myself.

"Son, you see. My father once told me, "This is what love does to you; love is not real; love is weak; and love only brings you down."

"You're only saying that because you're the one who couldn't fall in love!" My eyes welled up with tears as I shouted.

"Let's get going, shall we? The words "We have a lot of work to do!" were said by my father as I followed him down the stairs.

I was brought back to the mansion by a certain individual, and as I made my way inside, I saw that everyone was waiting for me in the main lounge. Just now, I

I was standing there, trying to come to terms with what had just occurred, when all of a sudden, Lila drew me into a tight embrace.

Suddenly, she cried, "He saved you, my brother saved you!" as she hugged me even more tightly. When I decided to pull away, everyone immediately began asking me a barrage of questions.

"Where's Adrian?" As he approached Lila and I, Alexander inquired as he approached us.

"I- I... ". When he has him... Whatever took happened is a mystery to me. The response I gave was, "He just told me to forgive him."

"What is it? "Poor Sophia, you are not making any sense at this very moment," Lila complained.

"He is in possession of Adrian. While I was trying to fight back my tears, I added, "I believe that he traded himself to his father for me."

Not at all. You are kidding, Adrian is fine, he must be thinking that! He is the only member of my family that I still have, therefore he can't leave me! While tears were streaming down her face, Lila let out a cry.

Lila, I am really sorry. It was my attempt to stop him, but

When I hugged her, I told her, "I couldn't."

During the time when everyone was staring at her in surprise, she gave me a hug back and then started weeping. I could see Alexander fighting back tears as well; he must be inconsolable since Adrian was his closest friend, and from this point forward, it is possible that he may never see him again because of me.

I took a shower, and thereafter, one of the maids assisted me by stitching and bandaging my wounds.

There was a hint of a grin on my face when I murmured, "Thank you" to the maid.

As she stood up from the bed, she made the following statement: "You are welcome, you ought to get some rest."

While laying down, I murmured, "I will."

She reassured him, "He'll be fine."

I questioned, "What?"

You don't need to worry about him, boss. She left the room after saying, "He is strong, he will be fine, and he will come back to us, and the two of you will get married and live happily together."

I managed to keep my tears from falling and made my way to the restroom. I was holding the sink with my hands as I stood in front of the mirror where I was standing. In what way did you act? For what reason did you sacrifice yourself for me? Without me, you would have been able to live a happy life again if I had passed away.

When tears started to roll down my cheeks, I was completely oblivious to them. I reached for a razor that was quite sharp.

wrists for short. After closing my eyes, I sliced my wrist; it had been a very long time since I had last cut myself, ever since I had met Adrian. My wrists were covered with blood, and the razor was also covered in blood. I tossed the razor in the sink, and then I broke down and started screaming on the floor. I continued to cut my wrists more and more.

If you could, please come back, Adrian. I am sorry, I am so sorry for everything, for forcing you to marry me, for destroying your life, and for forcing you to give yourself over to your father. No, I'm sorry...