𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 || 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘

"Yeah, I mean all he talked about was how I was different

"Yeah, I mean all he talked about was how I was different... and how he wanted to change, but do you know how many guys have said they would change for me? Five! How many have actually done it? Zero!" I laughed, into the phone.

"So are you keeping low expectations?" She asked. "Yeah, pretty much. I don't expect much from him, and I don't think he should from me either at this point." I sighed.

"Why you— Oh fuck you! It was a red light, you asshole!" She starts screaming at the road.

"Because, I was about to go sleep in his room last night, and he told Bill 'How could I ever love her.' and once I heard that, I left."

"Oh." Was all I heard.

"That was my exact reaction, and you know, his old friends told me that he never stays with a girl after a fucks her, so now i'm just waiting for the bomb to drop, because it seems like it always does, this is why I hate men." I whined.

"Get with a woman baby, it solves all your problems." Cherry suggests.

"I don't know what to do, do you think I should let my guard down and see how the flow goes?" I questioned, playing with the ends of my hair.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, after that I sulked in my room for a little bit, and then he came in and slept next to me right? So I was just like... oh okay, like let me hug you if you're offering." I laughed, thinking about how I gave into him right away. It was bad... really bad.

"Did he say anything?

"No... he thought I was asleep, but he was touching my facial features a lot." The kiss.

Tom was at church right now, which I declined on going. Knowing my parents we're going to be there, I also wasn't fond of his parents right now.

They think i'm a horrible person, when i'm not.

I heard the front door opening. "Speak of the devil, he's home right now." I lowered my voice.

The next thing I heard was his footsteps nearing my door. "Be quiet." I whispered to Cherry, before he could enter.

Tom creaked my door open, looking inside. "Hi." He smiled, seeing me sitting on the bed.

"Hi, what's up?" I questioned. "I got donuts." He held up the box. "Go change first and then we can eat them in here." I smiled, back.

"Okay, i'll be right back." He set the box on the bed. Once the door had closed, Cherry began to talk. "I love donuts." She hums, in delight.

"Let me call you back tonight, okay? I love you!" I said lowly into the phone. Once she had said it back I hung up, starting to pick at my case.

I had so many feelings going on in my head, I didn't know how to tackle them all at once.

He came back, wearing a pair of sweatpants that I was sure he had in a thousand different colors at this point.

Tom sat criss cross on my bed, opening the box.

"How was church?" I grabbed one of them, careful to not get any icing on my fingers.

"You know... same old same old, led the gospel music, greeted some people, got offered a job in Minnesota, then I listened to my dad talk for a bit, then came back." He said, very quickly.

"Hold on, go back, Minnesota?!"

"Yeah... he's opening a new church there and he wants me to manage it." Tom coughs, looking to the side... he's not asking you to go with him.

Where even is Minnesota?! The north pole?!

"Are you, going to take it?" I patted the crumbs off my fingers. "It's a really good offer."

"When are you leaving?" I gulped, feeling my throat get dry. "Not, for another month, but that's going to be to check it out, and make renovations." Tom explains, ever so carelessly.

"Okay..." I picked at the loose string on my flared leggings. "But what about me?" Fucks then leaves, should've called it.

"Well, I mean legally we are still married— I'm not talking about legally, i'm talking about you leaving." I cut him off.

"We'd still talk on the phone, i'll be back every month, for family." Not for me?

"You are truly, an idiot." I scoffed. 

"What did I do?" His voice was genuine, meaning he was confused, oh you have got to be kidding me, he really did lack social cues.

"Get out." I looked at the door. "Livvy, i'm trying to talk to you about it." He defended.

"Okay, I don't care I want you to get out." I got up, handing him the box of donuts. "It's my house too." Tom argues back.

"Our, it's our house." I corrected him.

"And this is my room, and I want you to leave." I walked over to my door, opening it. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"I'm trying to have a civil conversation, what is up with you?" He stayed sitting down, I went back to him, pulling him up by his hand.

"You could've asked me to go with you, asshole." I pushed him out of the room, slamming the door shut, and locking it.

His footsteps started to fade away.

"Fuck you." I muttered under my breath.