Chapter 1: Let's Rev It Up Once Again!

Ten years before this story begins, Yusei Fudo fought the forces of the Nazca Lines and then later the conspiracy team of Yliaster, an elite force from the future itself. He was not alone. He had a team of friends, the Signers. Yusei originally wore the Tail of the Crimson Dragon, then later the Head. The other Signers included Jack Atlas, the Wings, Akiza Izinski, the Foot, Leo and Luna, the Heart and Hand, and Crow Hogan, the successor of the Tail. 

After defeating the evil forces mentioned, the Crimson Dragon cleansed the Signers of their duties and removed its Marks from their arms. After this, the team of friends, known as Team 5D's, parted ways. Yusei remained in his hometown, New Domino City and is a revered scientist who dedicates his life to protecting the future by keeping the Ener-D Reactor intact and safe from overload or sabotage. Jack Atlas and Crow Hogan have become duelling champions and international players leading them to leave the City. Akiza Izinski moved to Germany to study medicine and has since settled as a high-ranking doctor. She is very successful in her profession. Leo and Luna moved on to live with their parents in England. Luna has just finished her schooling education and Leo has become a Pro League Turbo Duelist in Jack and Crow's footsteps. He has recently taken Crow's place in a team in the Shingon League. 

Yusei still didn't feel alone despite the loss of his teammates. He worked closely with other friends he had gathered over the course of his destiny as a Signer. His mother figure, Martha still lives in the Satellite Sector running her orphanage, and he frequently visits her and the kids in her care. He has an adoring but strict landlady, Zora. He has reunited and spent more time with his old Satellite friends, Blitz, Nervin, Tank and Rally. His work colleagues are dear to him, and he has a good friendship with Mina Simington and Tetsu Trudge, the Chief and Vice Chief of Sector Security's Special Investigations, until the organization was abolished and now they are in charge of the New Domino City Police Department. Mayor Lazar is also a friend of Yusei's, despite their chequered past. 

At times though, Yusei longs for the companionships of his friends in Team 5D's. They all promised to see each other again, but ten long years have come and gone and still nobody had come back to New Domino City. Yusei often wondered if time had stretched their bonds to a snapping point and that his friends had just forgotten about keeping in touch. 

But little did he know that he was due to reunite with his friends very soon, just in time to face a new threat...the final threat... 

******** 

One evening, Yusei returned to his living quarters, still in the small flat that was rented to him by Zora. He never felt the need to move out and live somewhere else. He was still living alone and it was compact for him on his own and had plenty of space for him to test his inventions and experiments in the confines of home. 

"Ugh. What a day," he murmured tiredly. 

Yusei was now thirty years old and was more than tired after a long day's work. He was happy to put his feet up and watch some duels on the Pro channels. But as he hung up his coat for the evening, he saw a letter on the floor. 

"Last thing I need now is a bill," he said annoyedly. 

But as he picked up and read the address on it, Yusei's hand shook and he almost dropped it. The handwriting on the envelope was very familiar. 

Opening it rapidly, Yusei pulled out the letter but it only consisted of four words: DAEDALUS BRIDGE. TONIGHT. 10PM. 

Yusei looked at the clock. It was coming close to 9pm. He had an hour, and he wasn't sure if he would be prepared for this rendezvous, even if he had been waiting for a decade.