At A Distance [ Yugyeom ]

-one year ago-

"That's a wrap, guys!" Mr. Lee, our choreographer shouted after almost three hours of dress rehearsals for our debut stage at M Countdown.

I was more than relieved after Mr. Lee announce that it's finally done. I was literally running to the dressing room to get rid of my heavy and hot outfit, plop down on my bed at the dorm and rest.

The moment I arrived at the dressing room, I throw the thick jacket I have on and quickly search for a bottle of water. I drank two bottles straight before sprawling face first on the sofa. My heart's still racing mainly because of the long hours of practice and maybe because of the feeling that finally, me and my hyungs are going to debut.

No words can really explain how I am feeling about us finally living the dream. Hours and hours spent in the dancing and recording studio will not go to waste. JYP sajangnim really is a great CEO.

"Aw. Maknae tie tie?" I heard Jackson hyung's mocking voice before he sits on my back. "Aigoo, Gyeommie! Don't be tired! We still have to celebrate at home!" He jiggled his butt on my back and laughed his ear-deafening laugh.

I chuckled weakly before swaying my body. "Get off of my back, hyung! You're not as light as you think you are." I whined.

Jackson hyung appear as if he didn't hear me and continue jiggling and even bouncing, making my already sore back hurt. Good thing JB hyung came to my rescue and shove Jackson hyung away from me.

I sat up to give way to my hyungs. Jr hyung occupied the space beside me, draping his arm around my shoulders. "Can you believe it, Gyeom ah? In less than a week, we're gonna be known all over the world as GOT7!" He looked up the ceiling, a dreamy expression on his face.

I heard Youngjae hyung snort. "Pft, Jr hyung. What are you even talking about? You debuted before as JJ Project with JB hyung, right? So you already know how it feels to be on stage- Ya! That hurt!" His words were suddenly cut off when Bambam hit his arm. "You all agree with me, right?" He pleaded us with his eyes before shooting Bambam dagger looks. Bambam stuck his tongue out, causing Youngjae hyung to tackle him. Bambam wrestles with hyung and he was just about to whack hyung with a pillow when JB hyung passed and he got hit instead of Youngjae hyung. All of us fell off the floor laughing as JB hyung straddles Bambam and repeatedly strangles him playfully.

With all the commotion going on, Mark hyung bursts in the room after having a short conversation with the producer of M Countdown. Probably reminding him about our call time on Friday. Looking around and at us who's on the floor at the moment, he scrunches up his nose and he puts on his authoritative hyung look before talking. "What are you guys still doing? Why aren't you packing up so we can go home and celebrate?" While he's still talking, he began picking up the empty water bottles and empty chip bags before throwing it to the trash bin. We all got to work in cleaning our area and putting our things in our backpacks. In a matter of 10 minutes, we're all ready to go.

I was the first to get in the car, occupying the one in the back in the far left near a window. I plugged in my earphones as the others get in the car. It was just before I hit the play button on my music player when I receive a text message.

It's from Seomin.

Han Seomin.

She's a cousin of my elementary best friend Frederick who's half-American. He introduced us just before I go to train in JYP.

She's the prettiest and nicest girl I have ever seen in my life. I know I sound so lame but I have the biggest crush on her for like 2 years now. I smiled before opening her message.