𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 || 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

Livvy had dropped me off, at my parents house

Livvy had dropped me off, at my parents house. It was easier then getting an uber, and well my car is in Minnesota, so...

"I promise, i'll come to the house right after okay?" I unbuckled my seatbelt, Livvy smiles and nods, giving me a quick kiss.

I got out, going to the trunk and grabbing my suitcase. I closed it shut, waving goodbye through the window.

And then she was gone, again.

I couldn't explain how much I had missed her the six months I was gone. It was fun over there, I had friends, but it wasn't the same without her.

But I was with her now, and that's all that mattered. I found myself nearing the front door quicker, getting out of my thoughts.

I placed a firm knock, being greeted by my mom. "It's so good to see you!" She extended her arms for a hug, I muttered a small. "Likewise."

Honestly, I was doing perfectly fine without them pressuring me every few seconds. I found myself, finding my own faith, once I had been away from them just forcing it on me.

I knew, I had only found it because of Livvy, and for that, i'll be forever grateful for her.

"How's the church doing!" My dad said enthusiastically, seeing me walk in.

"It's doing good." I shook his hand, setting my suitcase by the door. "Oh i'll take it up to your room." My mom offers.

"No, that won't be necessary, i'm not staying here." I interjected, placing a hand on the case. "By the way, I never got divorced."

"And I don't plan on it either." I followed up, with a shrug. "Tom-" My father warned. "Isn't that what you wanted for me dad? A good Christian girl?" I questioned.

"Well." I put my hands in my pockets.

"And I mean dad... as a preacher you should know what the bible says about judging others." I grazed my thumb against the tip of my nose.

"You stayed with her, behind my back?" He angrily clenched his fists.

"Yeah, I'm only telling you for her, really I couldn't care enough to share this information. I've been going behind your back my entire life, and you had no clue!" I laughed, amused.

The veins in his forehead started to pop out. "Well, that's all now. I'm gonna be taking the spare car for the time i'm here, and really I don't care if you don't want me to." I said, carelessly.

"I didn't send you to Minnesota for you to come back here and pick back up, where you left off!" He shouted in my face.

"But see, i'm not picking up where I left off. I'm picking up what I had left behind, which is, you guessed it! My wife." My face went stern.

"She's not your wife, you haven't gotten married in front of the Lord's eye." He argued.

"Already scheduled, at my church."