TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE: TILL THE END OF THE LINE

MAGGIE AND STEVE CONTINUED TO RUN AND TELEPORT TOWARDS THE HELICARRIER.

The duo both took out was many Hydra agents as they could. Steve used both body and shield to take them out while Maggie used Ragnell to stay through their chests or used her telekinesis, using the green mist to break their necks. Although, she used Ragnell at close range with the enemy, but it got the job done.

"Eight minutes," Hill stated through the comms.

"Working on it," Steve replied, catching shield in his hands.

The duo both sprinted towards the first Helicarrier's entrance and pushed through the door. Steve was far ahead with Maggie behind him, leading them both as they made their way through. She didn't mind him being ahead though. However, the group of Hydra agents she had to take on while he put in the chip was larger than she thought it would've been.

Maggie took out the group while Steve put in the first chip. She had already finished taking put the group of agents when the super soldier came back. Ragnell's blade was stained with blood, but neither of them paid attention to it.

"You good?" Steve asked Maggie to see how she was holding up.

"Yeah," Maggie answered with a smile. "They didn't stand a chance."

"Falcon, where are you now?" Hill asked into the comms as Maggie and Steve exited Helicarrier Alpha.

"I had to take a detour!" Sam shouted before a minute of silence. "I'm in. Bravo locked."

"Two down, one to go."

Maggie looked up at the final Helicarrier, but all she saw was flames. There were quinjets on fire and the screams of people dying. It made the caster's jaw clench while her and Steve ran to the third Helicarrier.

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow," Hill said through the comms. "Six minutes."

"Sam, we're gonna need a ride," Steve said via comms.

"Roger. Let me know when you're both ready," Sam replied.

Maggie and Steve looked at one another before they both jumped old the edge. One of the Hydra agents fired a rocket launcher directly at them, making Maggie push herself and Steve out of the way.

"We just did," Steve finally replied.

A few seconds later, Sam caught Steve and Maggie both. He pushed himself to fly upward towards the last Helicarrier. Once above the vessel, he left Maggie and Steve go and all three of them made their way towards the interior entrance.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look," Sam said to Steve before looking at Maggie. "And somehow, you're light as a feather."

"I had a big breakfast," Steve replied.

That's when Bucky appeared. He suddenly punched Steve off of the Helicarrier. Then, before Sam went to fly off and help Steve, the assassin grab one of Sam's wings. Maggie teleported back and watched the scene play out as Bucky threw Sam back. Sam started shooting at Bucky, trying to get off the Helicarrier. As the Falcon goes to fly, Bucky used one of his weapons to rip off one of Sam's wings and kicked him off of the Helicarrier. Then his attention focused on Maggie.

"James, stop!" Maggie shouted.

Bucky came sprinting her way, but she teleported before he was able to touch her. The caster the teleported behind him, immediately landing a powerful kick to his back. Bucky stumbled forward but quickly recovered and immediately lunged at Maggie and she didn't have enough time to teleport again.