Old Grudges

Daryl, Michonne, and Tyreese-one of the new guys-had left the prison a little over a day and night ago, in search for some medicine and antibiotics that Hershel claimed would be necessary for the safety of the camp. A while ago, around the time Carol had been abandoned, a bit of a flu had struck in the prison and sadly a lot of the new people they had recruited hadn't made it.

Hershel thought it best that they be prepared in case that ever happened again, and Daryl agreed.

The supply run was the easy part. After a bit of driving and venturing into a nearby city, the three of them found a convenience store that had just about everything they were looking for. They stocked up their bags full of medical supplies, and Daryl had made sure to grab a couple other things including matches, as they were always in need of those. He tried to forget the fact that he had spent nearly ten minutes looking at a wall of pacifiers.

The hard part of the supply run was the trio they were working in.

Daryl was comfortable around Michonne, and they always seemed to work well together. They had lots in common, and Daryl had come to respect her. Also, he was pretty sure she was a neutral, and yet her presence always comforted him. There was a motherly touch to her personality, and he supposed it was because she had actually been a mother before the apocalypse happened.

However, Tyreese was a different story. He had always been a little bit odd to Daryl, but then again everyone was odd to Daryl. However, after Carol had killed those two people, one of them apparently being very close to Tyreese, the man had began to get violent. He knew that Daryl was the closest to Carol, and with Carol gone, Daryl was left to feel the man's wrath. It was never direct, but Daryl could always tell that the occasional, accidental 'bump' on the shoulder as the man passed by him was definitely anger-filled.

Also, the little virus that had been traveling around the prison had led to the death of Tyreese's sister, Sasha.

Sasha had been a special case for the group. Not only was she a strong, independent woman, but she had also been the first little anyone in the prison had seen since the apocalypse had started.

She had been a little with a headspace around six, and the second she dropped for the first time, all of the caregivers had fawned over her.

Daryl had thought she was nice. Sure, she stole the attention of just about everyone on the team, but other than being a little spoiled and rude at times, she was pretty fun to be around. And when she was big, Daryl found she was much like him.

Sasha had spent much of her time with Judith before she had gotten sick, and seeing the two of them playing together always served to make Daryl a little bit envy.

Sure, other than Rick and Beth, Daryl was Judith's main caretaker. He was almost always with her. But the thing is, he was like a parent to Judith, and later even like an uncle to Sasha. But he didn't want to be a parent or a cold uncle, he just wanted to be a playmate.

Anyway, when Sasha had died, it had took a big toll on all of them, but Tyreese the most.

The man had practically gone insane, so much so that Rick no longer trusted the man in the same cell block as the kids.

For that reason, Ty had been recruited for the supply run that the three of them went on. The aim was to get him out of the prison for a while so that Rick and the others could figure out what to do with him.

Throughout the whole supply run the man had been stingy, sure, but the worst of it came when they were driving on the way back to the prison.

A group of maybe four or five walkers was stalking around on the side of the road, a typical sight. The walkers had actually almost ignored the car driving by all together, as they were focused on some animal moving in the woods, when all of a sudden Tyreese had been hit with a wave of anger.