15

ELIAS ACCIARDI wondered if he didn't ever listen to his gut instincts

ELIAS ACCIARDI wondered if he didn't ever listen to his gut instincts. What would've happened if he ignored it all the time. Not caring if something was off or if he shouldn't do this. It probably would have had him die early on in the games. He wouldn't have made it this far if he never listened to his gut. But now his instincts scream for him to go back home. For him to run far away from the Capital, never looking back. Then Elias thinks of Coriolanus and how he would be leaving him behind. The thought was pushed away when Claire walked into the library clearly out of breath. She huffed out, looked around and then faintly smiled with she saw Elias sitting in the corner reading a book. Claire picked up her dress a little and walked over towards Elias. He noticed something off almost immediately. Her smile faulted and it seemed like she was looking around, maybe wanting to know if someone was following her.

"Elias!" She sat down on another chair across from him. "I need to talk to you."

Acciardi closed the book he was reading and let it rest in his lap. "About?" He asked, a little curiosity getting to him. She seemed worried. Sweat building up on her forehead, eyebrows creased. Playing with the hem of her dress. It was quite odd in his opinion. He never seen Claire this worried before.

"Ok, first off, just listen. I don't know if it's true or not but it sounded real. I heard some rumors..." Claire trailed off. Her eyes wandering away from Elias's and instead looked around the room. The playing with the hem of her dress stopped as she instead leaned forward more while rubbing her hands together. Like they were starting to sweat.

"If it has something to do with Snow, then I don't really care." Elias picked his book back up and flipped through it trying to find his page again.

"But Elias!" She worriedly exclaimed. "You have to hear this. Something is wrong. Snow hasn't been the same since the party."

Acciardi's head perked up from the mention of the party. He hadn't thought anyone else noticed. Elias thought he was going crazy for thinking the at Coriolanus started acting weird after the party, but now hearing it from Claire, it seems like he was right. He sat up more in his spot and adjusted himself while setting the book down. "Go on."

"So you've noticed it too?" Claire asked. "I thought it was just nothing. Until I started hearing whispers around the place. At first I thought it was just about another maid. So I asked one of the maids — uh, Calla! She said that the President had been acting weird since the party and everyone has taken notice, said she was surprised you didn't notice. I naturally decided to start watching him to see if it was true and.. yes it is." A long pause. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to." She added, hoping it would make Elias fell better.

"Of course." Acciardi looked away from Claire. He felt nervous even confessing anything to her for some reason. "I've noticed. Of course I've noticed. I've slept with him for the past months! You're always in my room now because he won't let me sleep in his room anymore. A week after I was sleeping in there but now he doesn't want me to." Elias finally looked back at Claire. "He won't even look at me half the time." He whispered, slumping back into the chair.