end

ELIAS ACCIARDI was wrong

ELIAS ACCIARDI was wrong. But he was wrong about a lot of things. Like his father loving him again. Or Ivy forgiving him. The Hunger Games. Loving someone. He wouldn't have guessed. Nothing would have told him what was going to happen. Or maybe Elias is lying because he saw the signs— a lot of them. But decided to ignore them. Why would anyone want to focus on the bad when you feel happy? Elias actually felt happy.

Maybe that's why Coriolanus would call Elias a bad person. Someone who made horrible choices. He wanted to love someone who did things the way he did. Who thought how he did. The only difference was Snow acted on them, Acciardi suppressed them. Too ashamed to even act upon such inhuman, cruel thoughts. Pushing them away was the only choice he had. Snow wasn't like that. He knew what he does had consequences but also knew how to get out of them. He had a way with words and charisma. Always managing to sneak out of the worst situations possible. Being president only made it easier. The Capital people being too busy, sucked up in themselves, and oblivious to even notice. Only watching the games because that's all that ever seemed to entertained them now. The thought made his skin crawl.

But soon, Elias realized he was going mental. Not being able to escape dooming thoughts that were actually his reality. Acciardi needed a way out. A week had already gone by since the last conversation he had with Claire. And for some reason, after that conversation, Elias hasn't seen her since. She was no where to be seen. A new maid had instead replaced her and Elias couldn't connect with her for the life of him. Their conversations were short, she did what she needed to do and left. Causing Elias only to think of Snow saying something to her. He needed Claire back. To talk to. Do anything. Acciardi knows that Coriolanus had something to do with it. So he needed to know. But before that Elias needed a plan. Just in case something went bad. A weapon maybe? A small knife was what Elias picked. Just in case. He kept telling himself. But he didn't actually want to use it. Just in case.

Another thing was starting to bother him. The fact that for some reason he felt like everyone was watching him. Keeping a close eye on him. It bothered Elias so much, all he ever did was hide in his room all day. Not being able to escape because the thought of someone watching him made Elias want to hit his head against wall until he was unconscious. This also meant he switched back to his room. Elias felt trapped. Trapped in a place he doesn't belong but is forced to.

        The mansion was quieter than usual. He could hear the creaking of the floor board whenever he walked. Elias's hand instinctively went to his waist band making sure the knife was still there. He shouldn't be trusted with a knife. But no one expected a thing. They let him have more freedom than Coriolanus did. It was odd because everyone seemed to watch him but they didn't say anything. Like they were scared of Acciardi.