⊱ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗔𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀﹕Moonlit Aberrations

────────── ✦ ──────────

[Click]

[MK]

Statement of Chang'e, regarding her experience with paranormal bunnies..? Uh, statement recorded direct from subject, December 31, 2023. Statement begins.

[Chang'e]

Wow, that sure sounds professional. Alright, so, Chang'e here, your local... Er, ex-bunny cafe owner and occasional influencer! I've been on break for a while now, since... that incident. Shut down the whole cafe and all.

I figured talking to someone about it would do me some good, since I do plan on easing back into live-streaming cooking soon. Nezha recommended I come here, you know. I never knew his work consisted of these supernatural investigations.

[MK]

Wait, wait— You said you knew Nezha?

[Chang'e]

Why, yes! He's my neighbour, and he very nicely heard me out about the whole ordeal when I accidentally slammed into him whilst running back home.

[MK]

Oh. Uhm, great! You may continue. Sorry for interrupting.

[Chang'e]

It's nothing! I get that you're curious about him. He's not the most open guy.

Anyway, I was closing up the cafe by myself as usual, after doing some cleaning up. The bunnies were usually sleeping by then, but it's always been a habit of mine to check my little babies were all well settled for the night before leaving for my apartment.

I was at the front counter, packing my things, and the bunnies were supposed to be safely in their pens behind. The only lights left on were above the counter, dim and low-hanging.

I didn't notice anything wrong at first. Okay, maybe the lights were flickering a bit too menacingly, but I brushed it off, thinking the bulbs were just malfunctioning due to old age. I bought this cosy space for a rather cheap price, after all.

I thought I was hallucinating, but the shadows on the walls near me really did seem to just... stretch towards me, attempting to reach me under the dim lighting. They definitely weren't normal, what with the tendril shapes like that.

Of course, I got a bit spooked by the shadows. I jumped after feeling something touch my ankle, but when I looked down, I saw nothing but the wooden floor.

Now that I think about it, the whole place was unusually silent that day, even though we were situated on a main street and there was usually traffic coming through...

There were shivers going down my spine, but out of concern for my bunnies, I still decided to check on them.

(Inhale shakily) With another few deep breaths, I gathered up all the courage I could muster and grabbed my phone, turning on the torch to shine it into the back. I couldn't see a single thing for a while. I debated whether I really wanted to risk messing with possible ghosts in my cafe for the sake of my bunnies, until I saw them.