Chapter 8

By the time me and Beck finished half of our math project the period ended.

I slowly begin to pack my belongings into my bag thinking about the interview I have after school. I picked up my final pencil and stuffed it into a bag. When I looked up I saw Beck starring at me.

" What ? " I asked while putting my bag on my shoulder ready to walk out of the library. He smiled and pulled out a cherry flavored lollipop. " Take it " he said waving it in my face like a wand. I snatched it out of his hands and unwrapped it.

I don't eat much. In fact I barely eat. My dad usually feeds himself with chips and other junk food when he gambles. Every once in a while I'll get lucky to find food in the fridge but that's unlikely ; so I usually eat in school during lunch but today I missed it to meet up with Beck.

I popped the lollipop into my mouth and devoured it.

I haven't had anything sweet for a long time.

I didn't bother to say thanks to him and instead I turned toward the exit getting ready to walk to my science class.

He followed me out of the library and down the hall. Still devouring the lollipop I tried talking but it came out muffled. He stopped walking and pulled on my arm stopping me from walking to my science class.

He eyed the cheery flavored lollipop that was hanging out of my mouth and before I knew what was happening the candy was no longer there.

He held it in his hand as if it was a trophy. I watched as he brought it up to his mouth and vanished.

" What was the point of giving it to me if your going to take it back " I asked annoyed about the fact he stole the only thing I was going to eat today. " It looked good so I stole it " he said looking past me and at someone else.

I turned around to see Justin walking towards us with Cindy and Ray following close behind. I could sense the terror coming off of Beck when Justin approached us.

" You guys seem really close. Why is that ? " Justin said leaning against the schools peach covered wall casting a dangerous shadow over me and Justin . " J baby why do you even care " Cindy whined from behind Justin.

I eyed Justin wanting to know what he would say or do next. From the corner of my eye I saw Ray and Beck share a look as if they where holding a secret.

" We was just working on a project. It's not a big deal " Beck said shrugging his shoulders. Justin looked at me waiting for a answer but by know he knows I won't answer to him.

The late bell rung and the couple of students that was in the hallway hurried to class.

I started to push my way through the crowd when Beck grabbed onto my hand. I turned around and made a face at him when I realized he was offering me the cheery flavored lollipop back. Knowing Justin , Cindy and Ray was watching to see how I would respond ; I reject it.

His grip on my arm loosened and a frown was slowly eating away his smile. I rolled my eyes and once again snatched it out of his hand.

I could feel Justin , Cindy and Ray eye's on me when I popped it into my mouth and walked away .

Thanks to Beck I now know what my favorite candy is.

Cherry flavored lollipop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Take it " Andrew said throwing it at me while driving. " What is it ? " I said catching it just in time before it hits the car floor.

When my school was over Andrew picked me up two blocks away from my school to take me to my interview.