Chapter 2

I woke up once again in my plain boring room but something was going to be different today and i can feel it. I got up from my bed and walked out the door. As i entered the bathroom to take a shower before school i notice my dad was no longer on the floor.

He must have gotten up and left to go gamble away the money we don't have. It was his daily routine. He would come home drunk with no money and get back up at night to do it again.

I stepped into the shower and turned on the hot water but all that came out was ice cold water. It stung me all over . It was painful but i was use to so much pain that it begin not to hurt as much.

My dad must have used all the hot water before he left the apartment.

I grabbed a white towel and stepped out the bathroom. Today i got dressed wearing purple pants and a green top. I looked at myself in my full-length mirror.

The cut Cindy gave me with her scissors was healing. My hair that use to settle at my shoulders no longer exists , it was replaced with hair that barely reached my neck.

The memories of yesterday came back. Cindy and the scissors, Justin making me his love puppet and the sharp pain of the scissors on my skin. I shivered and tried to place that at the back of my head.

I combed my hair and tried to put it in a pony tail or a bun. None of it worked so I left it how Cindy did it and didn't look in the mirror the whole time I got dressed.

I picked up my bag that use to be the color of baby blue but now is the shade of ugly purple. I walked out of my apartment and out of the run down building.

I looked up at the sky hopping to see the same sun I saw yesterday. The one that made me feel like I could do anything and gave me warmth. Instead I saw clouds in the sky. It was going to rain and I had no umbrella.

I slowly walked towards my school bus stop thinking about the stranger named Andrew Hallson and about the job he was going to give me.

He must now it is illegal to hire someone underage. I was only thirteen and still in middle school. I was wondering why he would choose me a kid to work when he could choose anyone else out there that was older and wiser then me , when the yellow school bus pulled up.

I climbed onto the bus and as usually I sat down in the very first seat. This time I did not have my little kitten named Oreo with me to keep me company. Instead I thought of the worse.

What if this man was a rapper , killer , he may even be a kidnapper but I need this job and I need the money. That's when I saw my reflection in the mirror. My face scared and my hair unusually short for a girl. No one wants to even look at me. What gives me the right to think a rapper would even want to touch me and a kidnapper to even look at me ?

I'm hideous and I know it.

The bus pulled up at my middle school named Seder Hill Middle School. Everyone got off and as always I was the last.

I entered my school doors and returned to the place where my nightmare came to life. The janitor closet. Behind the janitor closet was where my real family lived. Oreo my kitten with black fur and green eyes was behind it and we was a family. I was her mom and she was my daughter. That's the way I saw it.

I was about to open the door when I herd a familiar voice calling my name. I didn't bother to turn around. That voice was sweet as sugar that everyone craved. To bad I was allergic to sugar and I didn't want anything apart if it.

" I never saw you at science. In fact I didn't see you the whole day" the voice said. I turned around to the owner of the voice. Justin. I looked around him trying to see if his friend named dumb and stupid was there but they weren't and neither was Cindy his girlfriend.