ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxx

Mike listened to her before nodding. Glancing at her as he was happy having her back in his arms again. Wanting things to be over and all of them to be safe again. He wanted to be in bed with nothing like death to worry about.

"I found you two both badly hurt and decided to bring you back here." Vanessa explained to them.

"They tried to kill me and saw she was with me and tried to kill her too, Vanessa." Mike replied. "But you... you must've already known that by now." He added. Keeping Lilith in his arms. Running a hand through her hair as he stared at Vanessa.

"Mike." Lilith spoke.

"It's true." Mike replied to his name. Turning to face Vanessa once more. "The same with Max's brother and his friends." He continued.

Vanessa glanced away from them. She knew that it had all been wrong but it had not been her doing at all. Guilty about what she had to hide for her father.

"You knew about them too, right?" Mike asked.

"It's complicated."

"Yeah, sure." He scoffed a bit.

"Mike."

"Lilith. She knew about it." Mike scoffed a bit. "More complicated than what? Than possessed robots murdering innocent people?" He asked.

"They weren't innocent." Vanessa spoke.

"They were human, Vanessa. Just like you and me." Lilith spoke up. "Just like those kids."

"Abby is innocent and they want her!" Mike chimed in.

"Mike-." Vanessa tried to speak.

Mike didn't let her even finish her sentence like he had done with Lilith. "You saw Abby playing with them and you didn't bother to let me know at all! You had every chance. You knew exactly what they were capable and let me trust you."

"Mike please.. just..."

"Abby is in danger!"

"Mike. Calm down. We will get to her in time." Lilith intervened at the moment.

"Tell me what exactly happened." Vanessa spoke.

"In my dream.." Mike started as he glanced at the floor. "They told me that they wanted Abby. They kept asking for her. In the moment of being dazed by seeing my family reunited I said yes. I thought it was what I wanted but it's not."

"It was a mistake." Lilith added as she shook her head. "They can't get to her. I won't let him win this time."

"What do they want with my sister?" Mike asked.

"To turn her into one of them." Lilith answered instead of Vanessa doing it. Unaware that they had already gotten a hold of Abby and had taken her to the Pizzeria without their knowledge. Glancing at Vanessa a bit as she knew they would have to tell him the truth eventually. It would have to be now or never.

Vanessa knew as she leaned against the wall. "In the eighties, when those kids went missing.." She began as she glanced at him before glancing down. "The police searched Freddy's up and down. Top to bottom. Any way that they could search. Every inch of the place was looked into. But they were never really found."

Mike listened to her intently as he focused. He knew it was important information she had never let him hear before. Keeping Lilith close to him at the moment.

"The man who took them.. he was.."

"He is a monster. A very bad man. Ill intentions from the moment he opened the place." Lilith took over as she glanced at her hands. Staying seated on the stretcher and glancing back at Mike.