Gallant Steed and Whipped Cream

Chapter 5 - "Gallant Steed and Whipped Cream"
Book 2 of "The Beginning Of My Actual Life"

***************
Mike's POV

Skye shrugged, "I didn't"
"Before Chaz gets to steal my spotlight let's not forget i'm the victim here. You two are lucky I love you I swear. People with a good sense of humour such as myself are rare." I put in before Chaz could retort in his 'cute puppy that just got ranover' way.
Goddammit I wish Jade was here I feel like i'm being tag teamed by these two.
"Well I'm going to have a shower to warm up cos i'm freezing all the way down to my bones." I said and walked off.

Chaz's POV
Just as we lost sight of Mike through the house we heard him say 'Oh no new carpet' with an evil laugh.
I looked at Skye and back to the door before running to my new Domo carpet in the lounge room.
"Nooooooo!" It was wet and dirty now with sand. Dammit thats gonna be a good half and hour to get it properly cleaned.
Mike's laughing was still floating in the air and being echoed by himself.
I could see Skye was sort of trying not to giggle as I got level with my not so lovely carpet and stroked it gently. Trying to avoid the damp spots where Mikey had stepped on it, and done a dance competition on it by the looks of it. This was a deliberate obliteration of my favourite carpet. I think that mans wants to start a war.
"Its okay, you will beautiful once more in a little while" I whispered to it as I carressed it one more time. Dramatically. With a hair flip. That was really dodgy cos my hair doesnt really flip, my spikes just sort of sway slightly.
I ran into the kitchen with a new purpose amd shuffled through the contentd of my fridge. "Aha!!" I exclaimed loudly as I found what I was looking for.
Skye was just leaning on the entrance- wall to the kitchen watching what I was doing with what appeared to be an effort to raise her eyebrows, for a long amount of time. Which gets pretty hard to do after a while. I laughed and walked over to her calmly. I slipped one hand through the gap between the wall and her waist so my hand was gently resting on the small of her back. I leaned in and gave her a nice lil kiss and told her to chill while I deal with my despicable man buddy.
That got a soft laugh.
Then I dramatically turned and swayed my spikes as a walked sideways, one leg passing the other, all the way to the stairs. I wasn't gonna attempt a sideways walk up the stairs but I decided to try.
Let's just say it hurts. A lot. And you shouldn't try it at home. After brushing my knees and elbows off for the third time I decided I should keep the redt of my dignity intact and walk like a normal person for the rest.
I walked over to the bathroom where I could hear Mike rapping Petrified. Yup cos Mike doesn't sing in the shower like most people, he raps, just like the crazy person he is. I always said you can never trust a guy that raps in the shower. And I let one get a little too close to my Domo carpet, see what happens?
By now I was beyond reasoning with, I just used a knife that was convineintly in my jacket pocket- a fishing one- to unlock the door.
Now if you were listening carefully you might have been able to distinguish Mike's "What the f*ck!!" from my "Adios Amigos!!" as he tried to cover his dignity while I tried to cover him, quite successfully, in whipped cream. I had nearly the whole spray/tube/bottle/can thing empty before Mike began splashing me with hot water with one hand. Because he other hand was occupied (If you know what I mean). It was hot but it was water nevertheless and it was making me press back closer to the door. I emded my retreat, and the short battle by swiftly slamming the door shut behind me. I heard Mike's body weight slam against it as it clicked.
"What about a truce while I have longer shower to clean off all this"
Hmmm I considered his offer, then agreed. "I agree. A truce between the crazy carpet killer and the noble knight defending his home on a gallant steed called Freedom!!"
Mike laughed and signalled the end of the conversation by turning the shower on a bit more.
Skye had come up the stairs and probably guessed quite accurately what had happened. Then she spoke.
"Why on Earth would you call your horse Freedom?"

*I have a short story on wattpad if you guys want to read it it's called "Raging war on a deadworld" Vampires fighting Zombies on a post apocalyptic version of Earth, if you want to check it out, its a quick, enjoyable read, maybe a leave a comment? :D .*

*Hawo guys, sorry it took so long to do, I had so much schoolwork to do and now I have a social life that doesn't always leave much time for me. For example this week, I caught 10 trains and went to the city 5 days, and spent the other two in the studio until late at night while my boyfriend recorded a song. I had pretty much no wifi for the whole week! D:
But it was me and my bfs 1 year last Wednesday!!! :333 When we started dating I was still working on the book 1 of this book lol
Anywayyyyys bye! :P*