Does He Know? // P6 [CL/MV]

Charles Leclerc X OC X Max Verstappen

Tags: F|M, Driver(s)|OC, Love Triangle, Childhood Friends, Enemies to Lovers

MATURE TAG
Warning(s): language, smut

Parts/Word Count: P1 - 8100 words, P2 - 7200 words, P3 - 8280 words, P4 - 7600 words, P5 - 6000, P6 - 5930, P7 - coming soon

Time: August 2021 - May 2022

Song: Moth To A Flame by Swedish House Mafia, The Weeknd

*****

TO CALL THE TWO WEEKS LEADING UP TO THE ITALIAN GRAND PRIX AWKWARD would be an understatement. Charles and I were speaking, but it always felt tense. When the conversation had finally gotten easier, everything else felt off. Nothing about us was in sync. And Charles was sniffling as he got into his car before the race.

"You sure you're okay, Leclerc?" One of the engineers asks over the radio.

"I'm fine," Charles says sternly before entering the pit lane.

He lied. He felt awful and his driving proved that. He was definitely sick and his performance was affected by it. The race ends with a Red Bull victory with Max and Sergio taking first and second. Lando takes third place, putting a smile on my face. But as Charles enters the garage, immediately throwing his helmet off, my smile fades. I do my best to comfort him, calm him down, but he doesn't listen to me.

"Would you just get the fuck out?" He shouts. He quickly closes his eyes, obviously regretting what he's said. He breathes before rephrasing, but it's too late and my chest already hurts. "Get out, please, Maddie," he exhales, biting down on his lip. "I really just need to be alone."

I nod before leaving the Ferrari garage. Hot tears well up in my eyes as I walk out, wrapping my arms around myself. I don't know what I expected. Charles was obviously going to be upset after the race. It was clear he didn't want my "comforting" words, or even my presence. I should have just walked away on my own. I quickly wipe my cheeks and wait for Charles to get us a car that will take us back to the hotel. I decide to pull my phone out and text Lando, even though I know he won't see it for a while longer yet.

congrats on the podium!
drinks tonight to celebrate?

I open Instagram and scroll for a little bit, waiting for my tears in my eyes to go away. Just a few more mind numbing activities before I start to cry too hard, before I think about Charles too much. But my feed is full of Charles Leclerc. So many accounts posting about his performance today, a few people posting edits, some "rare" paparazzi images. My entire Instagram is a buzz with Charles. I cringe when I see my face in some of the images. I stop scrolling at a photo of Charles and I kissing, a freezeframe from Bahrain. Charles's eyes are closed lightly and I can make out his little smirk even with his lips planted against mine. I look painfully caught off guard. My eyes are half open, my mouth oddly pressed against his. It's a painful photo. My mistake is opening the comments.

Charles Leclerc and his new girlfriend... Who is she?

happy_clam who the hell is that?
jo_mama69 she not even pretty
johnson.cleo HE HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND
lauraishere45 he could do soooooo much better
user5489 that's hella embarrassing... can't tell who i feel more sorry for
harper_gray she looks so uncomfortable
formula1_updatess she was spotted with lando norris in texas last season. new grid hopper alert
batman.forever i would actually kill myself if i were desperate enough to date her
gretta.love23 i just opened the app and i already want to throw my phone
grim_reaper420 what's a charles leclerc?