first day

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

"Oh my god guys, seventh grade!" Maya squealed through the phone, with excitement in her voice.

"I know", Anna answered while giggling.

Dove had zoned off, not paying attention to her new friends. She missed her old school, her old friends, and her old life. After moving to Trailview in the summer, Dove's mom had reconciled with an old friend, Yuki. Their friendship helped Dove with a new start, making friends with the two girls. She knew that even if Maya and Anna were nice to her, the two were closer and would always pick each other over her.

"Dove, you still there?" Anna asked.

"Oh yeah. Sorry guys, I'm just worried. I'll be the new girl there, what if no one likes me?" Dove stated worriedly.

"Dove you can't be serious. You're literally prettier than Connie and Heather. And you have us so don't worry." Maya said, trying to comfort Aimee.

"Anyways, who else is in the homeroom with us?" asked Maya, after a few moments of uncomfortable silence.

"I don't know I guess Sam." said Anna, "Mai he totally wants you."

"Oh my god he wishes." said Maya, with a hint of happiness in her tone.

Dove had met Sam a few times in the summer, while with Maya and Anna at the park. He was tolerable, not nearly as bad as Maya and Anna painted him out to be.

"What a slut", Maya said, which grabbed Dove's attention.
"Totally and I heard Connie grew double D's on the last night of her camp." stated Anna.

"Oh my god how does that even happen?" said Maya.

"I have no idea but I wish" Anna sighed.

"Don't worry Anna, they'll come one day." said Dove, slightly teasing her.

"Okay Dove says the one who literally had boobs coming out of the womb." Maya said while giggling.

The three girls spent the rest of the night talking about their first day. Deep down Dove felt disappointed. She had still missed her old friends and hoped that her mom would change her mind about the divorce.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

She saw Ms. Kones' van slowly pull up to her driveway and climbed into the last row sitting next to Anna. Anna didn't really like Aimee, she simply tolerated her. It was only when Maya climbed in that a conversation started.

"Hey guys. You two actually look soo cute, you totally have to let me borrow some of your clothes Dove." said Maya.

"Oh my gosh of course Maya, don't worry I have way too many clothes of course I can share. And uh what's up with your hair?" Dove asked, subtly trying not to laugh.

"I was going for layers but I ended up with something like this." Maya said, combing her hands through her hair.

"No I swear it looks good, it does!" stated Anna while uncontrollably laughing.

"Move your bag dummy. Wait, who's this?" said Shuji while looking at Dove.

"Shuji you're so stupid this is literally Dove one of my BEST FRIENDS." said Maya with an annoyed tone.

Shuji smirked at Dove before turning around.

Dove had seen Shuji before while at Maya's house. He mostly kept to himself, occasionally having friends over, and Dove didn't think too much of him.

Anna, Maya, and Dove took their very first steps of middle school and got out of the car. Dove swore she felt everybody's eyes on her, but she just chalked it up to her being anxious.

After their first half of the day, the three girls were walking to the cafeteria when Brandt and Dustin ran up to them screaming yes over each other.

"Dustin says yes!" "No I do NOT Brandt say yes."

"I do NOT say yes. Wait who's this she's kinda fine" said Brandt looking Dove up and down.

"You new or something?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah! I actually-"

"She's our friend, guys and Dustin, that's so presumptuous for you to think that Maya was asking you. Like she asked him." Anna said, interrupting Dove.

Brandt and Dustin quickly ran away but not before yelling UGIS.

"Are you kidding me that's so not fair I thought I was gonna get a boyfriend." said Maya, while giving Dove a dirty look.

"Yeah, like that's kind of selfish of you." stated Anna.

"Are you kidding me-" Dove was interrupted when Maya and Anna walked off without her.

Dove looked around the cafeteria, but couldn't find anyone to sit with, so she just chose to sit next to Sam. Maya and Anna walked into the cafeteria and sat at their table. The atmosphere couldn't have been any more awkward. The three girls ate their lunch when suddenly Maya and Anna got up to leave.

"Where are you guys going?" asked Dove.

"We're gonna go see Maya's brother. You can come if you want, I guess." said Anna. Dove chose to ignore her rude choice of wording and followed them.

Dove followed Maya and Anna to the eighth graders. She spotted Shuji sitting with some guys, and couldn't help but notice how good he looked today.
"You shouldn't be here. Get out of here, freaks. Except you, Dove. You should stay." said Shuji, giving her a not so subtle wink.

"Shuji no, it's important." Maya whined.

"Um there were these boys and they w-were not kind to us." Anna said awkwardly.

"Look Shuji, I need you to beat them up." Maya said.

"Why should I?" Shuji asked.

"See like he doesn't even care and he'll probably call me UGIS too."

"Did you just say UGIS? UGIS is the worst thing you can be called. The list of UGISES past, they're all heinous dogs." said Shuji while standing up. "Look, I'm not gonna beat up a seventh grader but I can teach you some words. What are his features?

"Um he's like short.. And Stacy Davies told me his dick looks like an aardvark."

"Okay you're gonna wanna bring up that aardvark dick for sure."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

Disappointed. That's how Dove felt about her first day. Maya and Anna were being cryptic as usual, and none of her teachers seemed decent. She had made small talk with a couple of nice girls, but nothing solid. Dove walked out of the school looking for Maya's mom's car, but instead she saw Brandt crying and Maya and Anna running away.

"What the hell?" Dove thought to herself.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

1156 words

Ok im rewriting this whole story but omfg this is so annoying. I keep debating whether or not I'll keep something from the original fanfic. I ended up with this.
Thanks for reading