ojichan

y/n and maya were at maya's house, their parents laughing and drinking. maya was zoning off again, and y/n was playing with her food. maya then excused herself, claiming that she was full.

after a few minutes, i told my parents that i was full and put my dishes in the sink. i went into maya's room, when i saw her in her underwear playing with dolls. « uhh maya? » i asked. « oh my god y/n! you totally have to knock that's not cool! » she said while trying to cover her bottom half with a blanket. i just walked out of her room and into the bathroom, sitting on the bath tub edge.

i pulled out a cigarette from my back pocket, staring at it.

« i thought you said that you don't smoke. » shuji said with the door half open. « come in », i say. « so, why aren't you in maya's room, and why are you smoking. » he asked. « well maya is- uh just being maya right now, and i don't smoke. i found it in my parent's room. » « oh » he said quietly, making it silent between us for a few seconds. « what's the deal? » he asked, looking in my eyes. « he said he would quit. he never keeps his promises. » « your dad? » « yeah. he used to spend all of our money on cigars, and we had to move because he borrowed money from all my friends parents. i'm stupid for believing him. » i say, trying to keep the tears from falling. « but, i mean, smoking's not that serious right? it's just a hobby, collecting cigars, you're overreacting. » he said. i slowly look up at him, astounded that he would say that. « what? » i ask. « smoking isn't a big deal, plus the cigarette you found is probably old. everyone smokes these days. just get over it. » he says, staring at me like we're talking about my little pony or something. « are you being serious right now? i didn't know you were such an asshole shuji. my family fell apart because of him smoking, i'm not overreacting one bit. » i say, but not before storming off to maya's room, thank god she has shorts on this time.
————————————
the next morning, maya and i were in the bathroom posing in front of her bathroom mirror and pretending to be miranda and her friends. « like totally relax biatch. » « not even, slut. » shuji then burst the door open and laughed out loud seeing us. « maya what the hell are you doing! » he said, barely containing a laugh. maya angrily stormed off and i walked out, shoulder checking shuji after finishing brushing my teeth.

anna was talking about doing something this week but maya seemed.. out of it. the bell rang, and y/n followed anna to the bathroom door but ran into heather, connie, and ian. they were talking about bewitched, but y/n and heather were just talking about their trip to mirandas house. « hey, how about you come to our sleepover tonight? » connie asked y/n politely. y/n glanced at heather who looked at her with approval. « uh sure! i have to ask my mom though. » y/n said.

heather was picking me up, and when we got to beccas house her mom opened the door. « oh hello heather! and who's this? » she said with a warm smile. « i'm y/n, it's nice to meet you! » i said with a smile on my face. she welcomed us in and becca immediately ran up to heather and hugged her, for a solid minute. i just stood there looking awkward for the duration of their hug. becca looked me up and down while hugging heather, and clearly she was trying to start something.

the rest of the night was interesting. heather tried to make me feel welcome, and occasionally everyone laughed at my jokes, but becca would always stay quiet and the rest of her minions would follow. i went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. my hair was a mess, so i quickly brushed through it with my fingers. just then, heather walked in, closing the door behind her. « heather, what the fuck! why is becca giving me dirty looks! » i whisper shouted. « i know, everyone can see it. » she said. « i'm pretty sure she likes dustin, and he and brandt are very obviously checking you out at school all the freaking time. » « what!? how the hell is that my fault? » « i don't know, but it's obvious she sees you as competition. i'm glad alex doesn't look at you like that. » she said. i just groaned dramatically and planted my head on the bathroom counter. « well, come on we have to get back. » heather said. i said fine and we left the bathroom.
————————————————————
anna and maya were arguing about something, but i just tried to get some rest with the lights in the classroom off. last night, i tried my best to be one of the last to fall asleep, in case becca tried anything. i ended up staying up really late, and i barely got any sleep. usually my mom would never agree to a sleepover on a school night, but her and dad were fighting more often, and she probably felt bad for me.

we were at maya's house, trying to contact her inner spirit or some shit like that. the board kept spelling out weird stuff, like 'clit' and 'masturba' which is not a complete word because maya fucking flew the chip out of her hands for some reason. i had my suspicions, but they were pretty much confirmed since maya was acting so weird. she was touching herself, a lot. like most teens, but she seemed really embarrassed about it. suddenly, shuji opened the door. i glared at him, still pissed off about what he said. he was yapping about being unconscious when he said « what are you looking at. » in an aggressive tone. « an asshole. » i replied in the same tone. maya and anna shot glances at each other, wondering what was going on as shuji closed the door and left. maya just started crying and confessed that she had been touching herself. « maya, it's not that big of a deal. lots of people our age do it, even i do. » i comforted her. her face instantly shot up and she said « you do? what do you think of when you do it? » « well, um usually i just think of someone who's hot. » i admitted. anna said she also does.

———————————
1123 words
hi everyone! i'm sorry for non consistent updates. i can't believe it's 2024. also i always cringe when watching this episode, they didn't have to add in all those clips. 😭