Such is my fate

"Are you certain that is wise?" A feminine voice asked only to be hissed at in return.

"They will remain here. I have assigned Drones to their protection." The male voice was familiar as Lizzy tried not to move.

"As you command." The female's voice was the matriarch. "Everyone must trust someone else, eventually." She then muttered softly. The room was quiet for several minutes as footsteps shifted about. Then everything but the steady hum of the Hive faded away.

Lizzy's head slowly turned as her eyes opened. The beast was back on his pedestal motionless as before. She sighed heavily and rubbed the sand from her eyes.

"Do not try to speak." A soothing tone-filled voice blurted out plainly. "Despite the gift, it will take several days for you're wounds to, h-e-a-l." Lizzy looked up to see Todd lingering above her.

'Beast?' Her lips moved but no sound came from her body. She hardly had the strength to reach one arm in his direction.

"He should never have shared his strength, in such a state." The large Wraith placed one hand on the females right shoulder. Lizzy instantly looked back with a confused expression. "He will live." Todd stated in reassuring tones.

"Perhaps your mate is right." The old Wraith muttered regretfully after several minutes of silence between them. Lizzy instantly sat up and looked about the room. There was a tablet on the side table near her bed.

"Not this again." She typed on the screen and showed it the Wraith.

"You where attacked. Such a fate is common place on a hive." Todd shrugged in return.

"I don't care." Lizzy typed back with a sour expression.

"It will happen again. If you are alone next time." Todd seamed annoyed.

"Then teach me!!!!!" Lizzy beat on the screen when her fingers wouldn't move fast enough.

"T-h-a-t, is not my place." The old Wraith leaned one arm crossed Lizzy's bed and stopped inches from her face. "If you where my mate..." He mirrored the females movements. Gasping fearfully, Lizzy failed to pull away.

"She is not your mate." An angry hiss came from over her left shoulder.

"Finally." Todd spat in cheerful tones as he straiten his posture. Lizzy let go a chattered gasp in response.

"Bastard!" She held up the tablet a moment later. Todd let go a loud bellowing laugh in response.

"Elizabeth?" The young beast questioned the female's agitated state.

"O.K." She typed on the screen as the wraith slid one arm around her back. The young wraith was strangely affectionate as he pushed the tablet away and nuzzled the females cheek then nodded respectfully.

"I have no interest in you but for the anger it stirs in your mate." A tone-filled rumbled echoed in the back of the females mind.

'He wont dishonor me.' She smiled when her beast tilted his head and looked confused. It only took a moment for his mind to spin when he turned toward the old wraith with a disappointed glare.

"I should have expected this." The young beast muttered coldly.

"So it is true." Todd took a step forward with a commanding glare. "Once sanctified, bonded pairs share knowledge." The old Wraith leaned back with a tone-filled hiss. "Took long enough." He laughed. Unable to speak Lizzy just reacted by slamming her fist into the old wraiths forearm. She started shaking her finger at him with a sour expression.