Sketchbook and Promises. | 1

࣪𓏲ּ ᥫ᭡ ₊ ⊹ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃

The sound of bustling streets and car horns echoed through Y/N's apartment.

Admiring the passage of people on the sidewalks on a rainy night, simultaneously bustling in the big city, made her ponder the lives of each person she saw through the window.

Unanswered questions vibrated in her head. Questions without answers. Her mind was curious about how so many laughs and smiles were etched on those people's faces.

Thus, a gloomy atmosphere lingered in her home.

Y/N sighed, tired of gazing at these people with their distinct and seemingly perfect lives—well, at least that's what she thought.

'Maybe it's better to focus on other things instead,' Y/N thought.

So, she closed the window of her room. For her, it meant more than a simple gesture; it also symbolized the desire for a new life.

Every night was the same.
Coming home from that stupid Joja Company job, making dinner, and staring out the window.

Y/N yearned for change, and it needed to happen immediately.

With that in mind, she decided to go to her mother Isabelle's room, who had passed away a few months ago.

Some nights, Y/N would enter her mother's room simply to sit at her vanity and gaze at the attached photo.

It was a picture of her mother when she was young, in a magical place. Far from the city, far from the problems.

Sitting in front of the mirror, Y/N bit her lips. She couldn't understand why this had to happen to her mother.

Trying not to dwell on it too much, she just opened the drawer of Isabelle's dresser, searching for the necklace her mother had left for her before passing away.

After seconds of rummaging through the full drawer, she found her mother's notebook.

She knew what the notebook was about—she had an idea but never opened it.

It was Isabelle's sketchbook, filled with drawings and doodles.

Isabelle loved to draw and paint, a passion Y/N inherited from her, enjoying it since childhood.

Intrigued, Y/N opened the notebook, flipping through the carefully drawn pages. Each stroke was a glimpse of her mother's artistic soul. As she turned the pages, one drawing in particular caught her attention.

It was Pelican Town, portrayed with a nostalgia she had never felt before. The picturesque farms, the bustling square, everything seemed like a charming haven. A tear escaped from Y/N's eyes as she understood what it meant.

"It's time to start anew," she whispered to herself. It was as if her mother, through the drawings, was pointing towards a path to a new life, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

The desire for change intensified, and Y/N knew exactly where she should go.

Pelican Town, the place immortalized in her mother's drawings, would now be the destination for her new beginning.

࣪𓏲ּ ᥫ᭡ ₊ ⊹ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃

A/n : Hi! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter already! See you next one. Bye! 💗