04

I got to know Nates siblings better. Although I noticed that he and his older brother, meanwhile I knew that his name was Damiano and was only his half-brother, since his father had married someone else before, didn't really like each other. However, he loved talking about Clara and she herself was very open. I liked that I was immediately initiated into everything. I liked that I played such a big new role and I also liked that Nate kept telling me always little stories about his life.

It was late afternoon and I had spent the day with Nate, he showed me more rooms, explained how things went here, warned me of people and adored me. Yes, it seemed as if I was his new treasure. Not a treasure like my father had held me, but a treasure that he wanted to show everyone, like a award he got. "Anabelle," he whispered into my ear from behind. I giggled because his breath stroked my neck. I turned to him and looked into his shining eyes. Inquiring, I replied his look. "Why Nate, why is all this happening?" He didn't answer. It took him time to open his mouth. "You know, it was a few weeks ago. Maybe even months. It was in the middle of the night, I couldn't fall asleep. Whenever I closed my eyes, I saw a face of a girl in front of me. Your face. It drove me crazy. It went on for weeks until I finally got the courage to look for you. I knew you were meant for me, it was like a sign I got." He smiled at me. "Then I found you." And his smile became wider. A tingling spread in me, a strange feeling filled me. I looked at the floor, didn't know what to say. His fingers grabbed my chin. "Anabelle," he said again. It sounded like he loved saying my name. He took me in his strong arms, squeezed me to himself. His hand stroked my back, held me to him. And I loved the feeling of being surrounded by him.

I spent the next few days around by maids, in the absence of the young prince. He himself had to do his tasks. Amazingly, he had quite important tasks. After all, the country where we were was at high rank. In the past, I never thought I would get out of Zilda. Now I was in the realm of the Green Sea, a country far away from Zilda. In the last few days I have learned a lot about the Court. It was an ancient kingdom, full of ancient magic. Enchanted places were hidden everywhere, this country consisted of more unknown things than known. It was an old, powerful empire. And it scared me that Nate could rule over it at some point. Clara also told me a lot about the world where I lived now. She herself was 12, but seemed very mature and knowing for her age. She knew all the things this empire was known for. And she was like a little sister, a mini me, that I would have liked to have myself at my fathers. Clara also told me stories from the past, where her family got along even better with each other. I learned that her father was little respected. He married many women, seemed obsessed and fragmented the family with every additional year he ruled. As King of the „Empire of the Green Sea".