Family Tensions

I sat in my bed, thinking. The game starts in exactly 11 hours. I've been sitting here for quite some time if you ask me. I don't even have a strategy to be honest. I was thinking to just wing it. But this is for the throne. THRONE.

I threw my head back resting it on my fluffy purple pillow, staring at the ceiling.  It contained a painting.

Blue sky with an orange sun. Purple-pink clouds, and in the missdle a man who I have always liked to imagine as Cupid. He had huge white feathered wings and wore a blue robe that acted more like a diaper covering only the bottom of his body. In his hands, a large brown bow. No idea where he was shooting the arrow though due to the clouds blocking the view. A mystery to me.

"Cora, Cora." A voice said from my raspy speaker making me instantky jump. I ran over to my door and pressed on the white button speaking into the built in microphone.

"I'm here." I said rolling my eyes a little. Not to sound spoinled but they should've built this communicator by my bed.

"Diner is being served." The voice said. I could barley understand it, that's how crappy these things were, and for a castle.

I walked to my closet and threw on a white picnic dress that contained pink flowers and puffed sleeves. I then went to my dresser and pulled my hair half up tying a white ribbon in the back, my signature hair style of course.

I walked out of my room down the well-lit hallway and then down the spiral stairs into the living room. I walked through the doorway into our yellow dinign hall and instantly my nose was filled with the most delicious smells on earth.

I walked over and sat down by dad. Though I might have talked a little bad about him, he's my favorite.

The waiters and waitresses each brought out a dish for each and everyone of us, gently setting them down onto the table and lifting the metal top.

Pumpkin soup, my favorite starter! I grabbed my golden spoon from my right and immediatly dug in. Dad cleared his throat and I sat up wiping the smile from my face.

"I will now say Grace." He said as we all interlocked hands with eachother. How could I have forgotten?

"May our paths be guided by wisdom and our hearts by unity. As we partake in this bountiful feats, let us be mindful of the strength withing our bonds. Bless this gathering, and may the journey that awaits each of us be met with courage and grace." He said in a soothing voice. The only time his voice is at a normal volume.

Now I may continue slurping the most delicious soup known to man kind.

As the waiters took our plates, waitresses served the main course. Herb crusted lamb, cooked to tender perfection. With a side of wild mushroom risotto. Rosemary-infused roasted vegatables along with truffled mashed potatoes. Two bowls filled with the ripes strawberries, peeled oranges and sliced apple, on each end of the table.

Our plates were taken away as more were given, this time for dessert. Chocolate mousse cake. Each perfectly cut slice contained rich chocolate ganache and velvet mousse adorned by a gold leaf. But thats not all. A scoop of Madagascar vanilla bean ice scream was added to the side of the cake.

I thought that was the end but then we were each given a beautiful red box with white ribbon.

"Now children, before we dig in I want you each to open the gift made special for you." Dad said, raising his wine glass with a mischievous smile on his face.

Each boy got a customized crest ring, finely crafted rings bearing the family crest. A true treasure.

As for the girls got beautiful music boxes with a ballerina that looked like them spinning in circles, playing the most melodic music ever.

As for me, I got a blue diamond necklace. It was in the shape of a teardrop outlined by silver. The silver contained small white diamonds. I couldn't help but audibly gasp.

"For good luck." Dad whispered, raising his eyebrows at me.

"That's it." Cecelia said, slamming her fists on the table.

"I am the first daughter. I was the first girl born into this family. Not Cora. I'm over with you giving her princess treatment while we all are forced to watch." She yelled out, clearly mad that she, an aspiring fashion queen, didn't get diamonds . Everyone started nodding their heads in frustration agreeing with Cece.

"Cece if you want it-" I started but I was cut off.

"No, this gift was personalized for you. You kids are some of the most ungrateful pieces of shits I've ever met in my life. I wont see you guys for 15 days for crying out loud." Dad yelled standing up making us all flinch.

"Apologize for this absurd behavior. You can't be on bad terms before the game starts!" He finished.

Cecelia looked at him daringly.

"I am not going to do anything that will please you." She said gritting her teeth.

"That is enough." Mom said pointing at dad and Cece.

"Yeah, enough of you babying Cora. She's sixteen!" Cecelia yelled throwing her hands in the air.

"Cec, you're throwing a tantrum all over some diamonds. You hsave more than mom and dad's crown combined." Marcos said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I deserve more!" She said, We all stared at her in shock.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room. See you when this stupid game begins." She said grabbing her little pouch purse she carries everywhere.

I slumped back in shock. I've always looked up to Cece and a necklace is causing her to hate me?

...................................

Ignore this chapter, I honestly had no idea what to write before the game.