Preperation; Gathering

1 hour until Hide and Seek. Just saying it brings back so many childhood memories that I wish I had. I don't though. Duty calls when you turn 5 years old. By that I mean you start your training. For me it was princess etiquette, as in proper manners, speaking, dressing, and where the utensils are at a fancy dinner.

I walked into my closet sorting through my clothes. Many dresses but nothing active. But I finally found a baby pink skin-tight jumpsuit. Probably the only thing that will allow me to run in, that I have so.

After I got dressed I went to my vanity and pulled my hair into a pony-braid, with a pink bow, ofcourse! I opened the red box from last night, dad said it was a necessity to wear. He mentioned it gives us the seeker point of view? Whatever that means.  I did my make up as normal and went downstairs.

I walked into the dining hall, grabbing the glass of orange juice at my table spot. I'm guessing someone ate the eggs that were on my plate, impaciente? I'm guessing our little midnight feast last night was my last meal. Or in other cases, their last meal. I guess since I'm not hiding I'll have the freedom to eat all of the food I would like.

There was a letter at my spot that I opened carefully, not tearing the red-self portrait wax seal of my dad. He says it's illegal to rip it because it apparently shows hatred to him? Yeah I don't quite understand him.

"My beloved children,

As the game quickly approaches, I would like to invite each of you to the Royal office in the West Wing. Please be there at 11:30 AM. There, we shall discuss the final details and I will address any concerns or questions you may have. Remember, this game is not only to test your mind but is also a journey that will shape the future of our Kingdom.

Cora, the chosen seeker, your responsibility is great but so is your resilience. Navigate through the shadows with determination, and may fortune guide your steps. I wish you luck like everyone else.

As you embark this journey, my dear heirs, May fortune favor you all. Good luck, and may the game unfold."  The letter said in poor handwriting.

I set the glass of orange juice down on the white table cloth. I looked at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room, 11:17. I woke up pretty late today I guess.

I started walking west to the main staircase. As I reached the middle, where the split is I chose the left staircase and continued walking. I walked pat my parents bedroom and finally reached the tall dark brown doors.

I think I've only stepped foot into the offfice three times during my years of living here, dad says it's a forbidden room because of all of the 'private' papers.

I opened the two large doors as they made a loud creaking sound and walked in. The fire was burning as everyone was chit chatting on the red couch, feet on the coffee table.

"Finally, Cora came." Cecelia said, sitting at dads desk across the room. She wore an all pink outfit with hot pink high heels.

"Goodmorning to you aswell." I said in a snarky tone walking over to Junie. She moved over as I sat down between her and Marcos.

"Are you ready for the next half month?" Junie said grabbing a glass of coffee.

"Yeah, a whole castle to myself. How exciting." I said in a sarcastic tone as Junie rolled her eyes.

"Well you have a better shot at winning than any of us here." Marcos said leaning into our conversation.

"How so? I dont even know about half of the rooms in this house." I said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"You have to find us. We hide, you dont find all of us? We have to keep doing challenges. You find all of us? You are guranteed the throne." Marcos said straightening his posture as dad walked in, right at 11:30. I shrugged my shoulder a little before dad spoke up.

"Good morning my joyus children." He said walking in. He was wearing a red bathrobe with a black dragon on it, he had on green slippers and his 'I'm the best' coffee cup in his right hand. Real casual.

"Let me clear up a few concerns you may have." He started kicking Jax off the couch across from us so he could sit down.

"Food. Kitchen is an all for one. You just have to leave your hiding spot, it's not a safe zone, Cora can still eliminate you. Time. On my desk is an assortment of watches, they are all set to go off exactly at midnight, in fifteen days. Only place off limits is the office. Everything else is free rein." He said in a very serious tone.

"Questions?" He finished. Everyone looked around and I shyly raised my hand. Dad nodded his head at me as everyone listened closely.

"What did you mean by, seekers point of view last night?" I said, referring to the necklace. He chuckled.

"Your necklace contains a small camera. We need a way to know you're not cheating. Everyone will be watching." He emphasized 'everyone'. I cracked my knuckles nervously. Everyone, that is a lot of pressure.

"Alright, everyone please go to my desk and grab one of the blue watches." He said as we all quickly lined up.