To Complicated For You (Chapter 2)

CAUTION - THIS STORY CONTAINS CUSSING/BOYXBOY. YOUNG READERS HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Comment and vote please?

**

So dark. There was no moon, the stars covered by clouds.

Kilo held his phone out, smiling at the adrenaline of sneaking out in the middle of the night. A 13-year-old me hangs onto the side of his jacket as we walk quickly through the forest.

“Kilo!”

“Kilo! psst! Over here!”

“Come on, League.” My brother murmured as we walked farther into the darkness.

The darkness.

The cloudy, moonless darkness...

The crack of the pine needles, the crunch of the aspen leaves, the pounding of our hearts, the gasping of our breath, the darkness and the sadness and what comes next...

The blade, the blood, the screams.

The life, the death.

**

I breathe in slowly, monitoring the intake and outtake of breath, concentrating on forgetting the world. I heighten my awareness to the world, attune my senses to the wind rustling through the trees, the owls hooting and a squirrels tiny sides heaving rapidly as he breathes up in his tree.

It was always like this.

Almost every night, I would be forced to come out here, relax my sweating muscles and try and try and try to forget.

I know my mom has it worse, though. I hear her crying to herself and praying in Swedish to the gods whenever I wake up. She only sleeps when Dad's home, and he's constantly on tour with his punk rock hippy band.

Instinctively, I reach up to the pouch that would be around my neck. I feel oddly incomplete without it.

I sigh, giving up on my meditation.

I look up at the cloudless, perfect sky and wish I was there, too, with my dearest brother and grandfather and baby sister.

I lay down on the soft grass, and loose my soul somewhere amongst the stars.

**

I was happy, now that the days had begun to get into a regular pattern. I'd receive my vegan Twinkie from my mom, catch the bus, and meet Matt at my locker and listen to him ramble on and on as we walked to first period.

Eventually I would leave him at my second period, muster through third and fourth, and eventually sit next to Ali in history. He would then “escort” me to the cafeteria where we'd sit with the group.

Charmelion, I decided, was hysterical. When he wasn't stuffing food in his mouth, he was throwing popcorn at people or flirting with random guys.

It was pretty obvious pretty much everyone here was either gay or bisexual or just to horny to go without some form of relationship.

And, you know what? Growing up the way I did, I didn't care.

When the day finally ended, I walked over to my locker. Waiting for me there was Matt.

I smiled at him when he noticed me.

“League,” He said, leaning against someone elses locker as I opened mine, “What are you doing today?”