Chapter 2: This is Your Man

The air was cold, the hairs on my back sticking up as I walked to the pizzeria's front entry, taking a look through the glass. No one seemed to be there--the lights were completely shut down and the LED lights that were on the huge logo above Freddy's weren't turned on either.

"Hey there, Candy! Welcome!" A chill got sent up my spine as I turned around, but, when I saw it was the owner of Fazbear Entertainment, Henry Emily, it felt much more comforting. "Woah, woah! You look like you just saw a ghost!"

I sigh and mutter, "I thought that the place would be lit! I really thought this job was bogus 'cuz of that...You're lucky I didn't turn around and go home!" After I let that out, I groaned audibly. "Listen, Boss, I'm sorry, I'm just having a-"

He cut me off and waved his hand as if to signal "no more talking."

"No more, please," he said, "you've already shown how you feel, Ms. Bell!" He let out a chuckle after saying that, continuing on. "The lights are always going to be off when you show up, darling--that's how the night shift works!" I could feel my face burning with embarrassment to the point I wanted to sock him in the balls..! I clenched my fists together tightly and hid my flustered expression to the best of my ability...

Before I could continue my rage, he grabs me by the arm and pulls me inside. "Y'see, Ms. Bell, this place has been around for years. I wanted some people to keep this place safe. After all, we've got a lot of kids coming here..." He trailed off, seemingly lost in thought. "Anyways...this is your first night, so--" as we walk into what I assume could only be the security room, he smirks, "--let me show you around and get you acquainted with this place, ma'am!"

Henry begins turning on the monitors in the office--they looked like those box TVs from the 90s, but I didn't say anything. I already hit it off pretty bad with my boss from our introduction. "These are a couple years old...please don't break them! This is where you'll be making sure no one gets in!"

"Why didn't you get a new system?" I inquired, hoping that wasn't too out-of-line. The reason I was questioning this man was mostly due to the camera quality being absolutely horrendous. Of course, I guess that's to be expected from the pay I would be receiving.

He groans, "Well, the restaurant's been going through a bit of a hard time lately...We try to keep things cheap, but the building costs a lot to maintain..." I nod to confirm I'm listening. "I'm sorry that the cameras aren't much, but I hope they help even just a little bit.." He reaches his hand upward to caress the back of his neck. "Also, if you're not wanting to stand, here's a chair for ya'!"

As he moves the chair to my hand, I stroll it to an area in the office near the monitors and sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose and closing my eyes to recollect myself. "T-Thanks, Boss, I guess.." His face flushes awkwardly.

"No problem, ma'am," he winks, "I just wanted to get you comfortable!"

He had some form of charm to him that I couldn't get out of my head, but I shook it off and began inquiring about my duties as their newly-hired, nightly security guard. He answered honestly and began listing the rules put in place for me.

"Just don't sleep, leave the office for any reason, or tamper with anything you aren't supposed to!" he states. I nod and smile, noticing his face turn a little pink as I do, but I don't notice it too much.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. I feel the hairs on the back of my neck begin to frizz up. Who could that be? The thought was unnerving, but I managed to keep my cool, especially since my boss was here. "Is there anyone else here?" I give an emphasis on "anyone else" to make sure he understands.